Chapter 44

You pulled up to the Big Spot parking the bike and cars. You walked up to the fence Daryl was talking to Bob. "Army came in and put these fences up. Made it a place for the people to go. Last week when we spotted this place, there was a bunch of walkers behind this chain-link keeping people out like a bunch of guard dogs." Daryl said. You were looking through to the tents wondering if maybe there could be any medical supplies that could be salvaged. There was a noise and Daryl pushed you away a little looking in through the fence. "So they all just left?" Bob said. "Give a listen." Sasha said. You listened and heard music playing from somewhere. "You drew 'em out." Michonne said. "Put a boombox out there three days ago," Sasha said. You walked around Daryl to the opening they had cut in the fence. "Hooked it up to two car batteries." Glenn said. You started walking through the tents. Daryl rolled his eyes saying  "All right, let's make a sweep. Make sure it's safe. Grab what you can. We'll come back tomorrow with more people."

  Daryl rushed up to you grabbing your arm. "What ya doin? Stay near me" he said. You just stared at him and nodded your head. "Come on" Daryl said walking over to the building and banging his elbow on the glass to attacked the walkers in the storm to the front "just give it a second" He said. He sat down on the ledge and waited you went up standing in between his legs.he did say stay close to him after all. Zach and Michonne were standing beside you two. "Okay, I think i got it" Zach said abd came over and sat down beside Daryl. "Got what?" Michonne asked. "I've been trying to guess what Daryl did before the turn." Zach said. Zach was pretty fond of Daryl and looked up to him but this was the first time you were hearing about this. "He's been trying to guess for, like, six weeks." Daryl said. "Yeah, I'm pacing myself. One shot a day." Zach said. "All right, shoot." Daryl told him. You put your one arm around Daryl neck and sat on his right knee, he wrapped his arm around you waist to steady you. "I've gotta hear this" you said. "Well, the way you are at the prison, you being on the council, you're able to track, you're helping people, but you're still being kind of surly. Big swing here..... Homicide cop." You and Michonne laughed at you putting your face in the crook of Daryl's neck. "What's so funny?" He said squeezing your side. "Oh.my.god" you said. "Nothing. It makes perfect sense." Michonne said. "Actually, the man's right. Undercover." Daryl said. You knew he was just fucking with Zach.  "Come on, really?" Zach asked surprised. "Yep. But I don't like to talk about cause it was a lit of heavy shit" Daryl said. "Dude come on really?" Zach asked. Daryl just looked at him. "I guess I'll just keep guessing." "You do that" Daryl told him as walkers slammed against the window.

  Daryl tapped your hip and you got up letting him stand.
"We're doing this detective?" Michonne asked. "Let's do this," Daryl said to Tyreese, handing him a crowbar. You went over to the doors prying them open, killing the walkers as they came out. "All right, we go in, stay in formation for the sweep. After that, you all know what you're supposed to look for. Any questions?" Sasha said. "Was there ever a time that you weren't the boss of me?" Tyreese said. "You had a few years before I was born." She told him.

  You stayed with Daryl as you both walked down the aisles looking for anything useful. You came to an isle full of medical stuff. You stopped and walked into the isle. "Y/N?" Daryl said. "Here!" You called out. He came down the isle seeing you throwing stuff in the cart. "Told ya ta stay clo..." "close. Yes, I know Daryl but we could use this stuff." You told him. He just sighed. He was about to say something when you heard a loud crash. You ran towards to finding bob under selves of wine that had knocked over. "Are you alright" Daryl asked him. "Are you cut?" You asked him. "Nah, but my foot is caught." He said. "Alright. He's just caught. Come on help push these up" Daryl said as he went to lift the selves off Bob, Tyreese and Glenn helping him. They were pushing themselves up when a walker fell through the roof hanging by Its insides. Everyone backed up looking up. Daryl pushed up back a little shining his light on it. "It's just hanging there like a pinata," you said. Daryl looked at you strange but had a small smirk it reminded him of when he and Andrea went out looking for Sophia cause no one could sleep and the came to a walker hanging in the tree. He had said it was a big pinata hanging there for the other geeks.

  "Umm yeah, we should probably go now," Glenn said. More walkers started falling through the ceiling. You pulled your machete out and started killing the walkers. You saw Glenn go down with a walker on top of him and as you were going to help you tripped and fell, screaming as a walker falling on top of you, your machete sliding across the floor out of your reach. You reached up holding the walker away from you as best you could not being able to get to your knife or gun without it falling on you and taking I bite out of you.

  Daryl was on top of a few boxes killing walkers when he heard you scream and it made his heart stop. He jumped down and ran towards you seeing a walker on top of you, you bad my keeping it away from you.. He shot a bolt through the walker's head, it went limp and he ran over pulling it off of you. He bent down grabbing you and pulling you up into his arms. "Ya alright?" He asked. You just nodded your head gripping on to him. Daryl let go of you and you picked your machete up going back to hacking at the walkers. Daryl jumped back up on the boxes to avoid the walkers. He looked up seeing a helicopter about to fall through. He started shooting the walkers. "Daryl!" You screamed and he jumped down killing a walker by Bob helping Zach push the selves up. A walker grabbed Zach biting his leg and taking him down biting into his face. "Zach!" Glenn yelled. Daryl grabbed you and yelled "Come on!" You all started running just as the helicopter fell through the roof.

You made it outside catching your breath. "Holy shit" you said. Daryl grabbed you, turning you around and pulling you to him. He almost lost you he thought. "Hey, I'm okay," you whispered. He pulled back looking at you and leaned down kissing you. You got back on the bike, the others in the cars and you headed back to the prison.