Chapter 98

Chapter 98

  We stood there staring at Dwight. He had Daryls crossbow in his hand. Eugen looked like he was about to piss his pants. "You got something to say to me? You gonna clear the air? Step up on that high horse?" No. You don't talk much," Dwight said. He nodded his head towards us and the other men came over and started to pat us down. Daryl just glared at him while they did it. "Still getting the hang of her. Kicks like a bitch, but--" Dwight started but Daryl cut him off. "I should've done it," he said. "Oh, what's that? Seriously, I didn't catch what you said," Dwight said motioning to his ear that was burned and scarred over. "I should've killed you," Daryl told him. "Yeah, you probably should've. So, here we are. Kind of begs the question, right? Who brought this on who? I mean, I get that you'll just have to take my word for this, but... she wasn't even the one I was aiming for. As I said, kicks like a bitch. It's nothing personal. Look, this isn't how we like to start new business arrangements, but, well, you prick kind of set the tone, didn't you?" Dwight says. "What do you want?" You asked him. "I'm sorry, darlin', I didn't catch your name. I'm D or Dwight. You can call me either. So? What's your name?" He asked. "Rosita. What do you want?" She said. "Well, Rosita... it's not what I want. It's what you, Y/N and Daryl are going to do. You're going to let us into your little complex. It looks like it's just beautiful there. And then you're going to let us take whatever and whoever we want... or we blow Eugene's brains out. And then yours. And then Y/N.  And then his. I hope it doesn't come to that, really. Nobody else has to die. We just try and start with one. You know... maximum impact to get our point across. So what's it gonna be? You tell me," Dwight said. "You wanna kill someone, you start with our companion hiding over there behind the oil barrels. He's a first-class a-hole and he deserves it so much more than us three," Eugen said. You looked over to see a current redhead. "Go check it out," Dwight told his little friends.

  They walked over and while Dwight was looking at the barrels Eugen turned his head and clamped his teeth down onto Dwight dick making you scream. Abraham came up and started shooting. You, Daryl and Rosita, sprung into action and started taking the other guys down. You picked up their guns and started to shoot. Daryl drug you with him behind a car and you started shooting. Eventually, Dwight and his guys ran off. Daryl started to run after them. "Daryl stop!" You yelled and he stopped. You didn't even realize you were shot in the shoulder as you ran over to Eugen. You put pressure on his stomach to stop the bleeding. "You're going to be alright," you told him.

  "Y/N, your bleeding," Rosita said. "Huh?" You asked. "Your shoulder. You were shot," she said. "You looked down and saw your shirt was soaked with blood. "I'm fine," you said. Daryl gaming running over to you pulling you up and started putting pressure on your shoulder. Abraham came over to help Rosita who took over for you. "I've got it. Help them with Eugen. He kissed your forehead and helped Abraham and Rosita pick Eugen up and you started walking back. You put pressure on your shoulder and followed. Daryl looked at Denise as you walked by.

  You got back to Alexandria and went straight to the infirmary. Once the laid Eugen down you went over and started working not carting about yourself. "Hey, I got it. Get yourself fixed up," Rosita told you. Daryl came over and lifted your shirt off and started cleaning you wound up and stitched for you. Abraham walked through the door "Rick's coming. How is he?"  He asked. "Bullet just grazed him, but it's a good thing we got him back when we did," you told him. You walked back to Daryl and hugged him around the waist and he wrapped his arms around you. "Antibiotics we picked up could save him from infection. Could save his life. That's what Denise did,' Rosita said.

Eugene started coughing and you looked over at him. You went to go to his side but Daryl wouldn't let you go. "Hey let Rosita handle it. You need to rest you lost a lot of blood," he said. "Alright but only this once," you said. "You here?" Rosita asked. "Present," he told her. "Good. I was not trying to kill you. I was looking for a moment," Eugene told Abraham. "You found it," he said. "Do you apologize for questioning my skills?" Eugen asked. "I apologize for questioning your skills. You know how to bite a dick, Eugene. I mean that with the utmost respect. Welcome to stage two," he said. "Don't need to welcome me. I've been here a while," Eugene told him.

You and Daryl walked out of the infirmary and he started taking you home. "I want to stay with you," you told him. He just nodded and tightened his grip on you. He got shoves and Carol came over and they dug a grave and put Denise down and started covering the grave back up. You stood there and watched thinking about the what-ifs. What if you would have argued more with her to stay. What if you took the road instead. It was a never-ending cycle. Daryl stopped for a second and pulled a small bottle of jack out of his pocket and knocked it back before returned to his job. You and Carol looked at him sadly. "You were right. I knew it when you said it," Carol said. After he was done you hugged him and as he held you close and you just stood there for a little while before heading back to your house.