2

Coco had decided that it would be best for Daizee to stay with him. Unfortunately for Daizee, he shared a home with Angel. She tried her best to ignore him as she brought some of her stuff into the house.

"You sure this is a good idea. letting her prospect n shit." Angel said as he told Daizee to go clean his bike. Of course she couldn't say no, so she brought out her own cleaning products from all the times she had to shine her shoes. The two men stood on the front porch, smoking and watching her.

"Yeah, why not. She's a fucking Marine, she can do it." Coco said, flicking the ash off the end.

"You sure she won't off herself or some shit."

"She's not like that." Coco responded as Daizee made her way up to the house and wiped the sweat from her face.

"Bikes clean, sir." She said. Coco laughed and walked down towards her.

"Don't need to act like he's your lieutenant. He don't deserve that much respect." Coco said guiding Daizee inside past Angel.

Angel sighed. He knew was being a dick. He also knew Daizee didn't deserve it. Stubbing out his cigarette, he followed inside. Coco was sitting on the couch and Daizee was making breakfast, like she normally did.

The sight brought back memories of Daizee and Angel when they were younger. He could hear her laughter remembering the time they had a small food fight and Marisol yelling at them to clean it up.

He leaned against the back counter and watched her. Daizee turned her head slightly and looked at him. She sighed and continued on making breakfast.

"You not gonna talk now, soldier." He said.

"I wasn't talked to respond, Sargent." Daizee sassed back. Angel scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"You never called. Or wrote. Or nothing. Basically dropped off the face of the planet."

"You didn't want to see me."

"You fucking left!" He yelled.

"I had no choice!" Daizee yelled and turned around to face him. Memories of the last time they had saw each other flooded her mind. Tears rushed to her eyes and she turned back around.

"Still the fucking same, Ortega. Running away from your feelings cause you can't handle shit! You're just like your old man, a flake!"

Daizee turned around and slapped him. Coco heard the sound and came running in. Angel held his cheek and Daizee had tears in her eyes.

"Daze..." Coco started.

"You never wrote me. You left me! You pushed me away! We both went through hell, you're not the only one struggling, Angel. And don't ever, ever! Speak about my father like that!" Daizee yelled and stormed down the hall towards Cocos room. She slammed the door shut and Coco sighed.

"She hit a patch." Angel spoke.

"I'm glad she did. You don't know what she's dealing with." Coco said lighting up a cigarette.

"Cause she won't fucking talk about it. She shut me out."

"With a good damn reason. Do you even know what happened?"

"No."

"Ask her." Was the last thing Coco said before leaving Angel alone in the kitchen.

A while later the 3 of them rode out towards the scrap yard. Daizee had calmed down and Angel was back to not talking to her at all. In the long run, it worked better like this. Coco had tried his best to not get in the middle of it.