13

Daizee was up and moving days later. Her skin had started its healing process, but everything still hurt. She hadn't dared to look in the mirror at her skin. She was terrified.

"Daizee?" Emily called out, while coming into the door.

"Yeah." Daizee called out, sitting up in her hospital bed. She had opened the windows and looked out at the parking lot.

"Hey, you're up. I brought you some clothes."

"Where's my kutte and my bike?" Daizee asked.

"Your bike is at our house and the kutte..., I'm guessing Angel has it."

"I want it." Daizee said.

"Daizee... I don't think you should go back. Not like..."

"Not like this?" Daizee said turning around to face Emily. Emily looked at the girl and noticed she wasn't covering the burns on her face. They had started to heal, but were leaving behind red scared skin.

Emily sighed and set the clothes in her hands down and looked at Daizee. Emily still wondered who hurt the girl and was still trying to pry Miguel into going to the authorities.

"Do you know who did this? Daizee, are you protecting someone?"

"I didn't see anyone. They..." Daizee sighed and said the same story she had told Angel and Bishop, one that Miguel had drilled into her head when she woke up from her doped up like state. Besides, she couldn't remember much from before she got to the hospital. All she remembered was that she blacked out after the Los Olvidados symbol was burned into her skin, "They hit me over the head, don't remember anything until I got here."

"You didn't see anything?"

"No, Em. I'm sorry. Can I leave yet?"

"I don't know. Ill ask the doctor." Emily said and left Daizee alone.

Angel sat in Templo listening to Bishop talk about what's next with Galindo. Bishop seemed more angry than usual talking about it. Angel just wanted to get back to see Daizee. She had just started to be up and moving. Emily, EZ, Coco, and Angel spent as much time as they possibly could with her. There was always someone with her at all times.

"Angel, stay back please." Bishop said as he dismissed the other patch members but Taza and Hank, "How's Daizee?"

"She's awake. Big bro wants her to meet with some fancy face doc up in LA, of course she refuses." Angel said smoking a cigarette, "Should be released soon, most of the burns are healing, and she knows how to take care of them."

"If she still wants to prospect, it's up to her and Coco. I'm guessing he's been talking to her." Hank said and Angel nodded.

"Yeah, she sounds pretty determined to come back. Think she has more to work for now." Angel said.

"She know who did this?" Taza asked leaning back in his chair. Angel shook his head and stubbed out his cigarette. "Have you looked at the camera footage from her house?"

"Pop said he never saw her come home, and when I asked her, she said she didn't either." Angel said.

"What's her story?" Bishop asked.

Angel sighed and sat up straighter, "She says she got a call from a 9-1-1 call from Emily about Cristobal, she left in a hurry and while she was riding out, someone came up beside her and cut her off, she had to lay the bike down. She said after she confronted the person in the car, she couldn't remember anything else."

"She doesn't remember anything? Not a thing?" Bishop pried.

"Nothing." Angel said and Bishop nodded.