34

Angel hadn't seen her. He wasn't allowed to see her, per Tranq, Miguel and Coco's request. But everyday he came to Coco's house at the same time, and sat on the couch, waiting to see her. And everyday Coco would tell him the same thing, "She's still not feeling well man, just give her another day." 

EZ was doing what he could to help his brother, and his best friend out. He had been the only Reyes to see and talk to Daizee since she had collapsed after trying to rescue Adelita. The image of her pale lifeless body falling limp into his arms was burned into his mind. EZ felt like he had failed his friend, and his ex lover by letting Daizee put herself in danger, knowing that she wasn't feeling at his best. 

Daizee on the other hand, couldn't be more happy to get back into a routine. It was like the last 3 weeks had never happened. She didn't let the small blip in her life stop her from continuing on with her prospecting. She has hoping that being back would help her forget what she had lost. A friend, a lover, and a baby. 

"You can't show up here, I don't show up to every damn meeting you have, so don't show up to mine." Daizee said, as she took her helmet off and seeing her older brother talking to Bishop, "You've passed the big brother line and are starting to act like my father." 

"You missed your last appointment." Miguel said, "You have another one today, and this time I told Bishop about-" 

"Miguel, I have done this before. Lost a baby, and I handled it just fine on my own." 

"Yeah, you joined the military and got yourself shot. Daizee, let us help you. It's okay that you have someone to rely on." Miguel said as his phone rang, "Please, go to the appointment today." 

"Yes sir," Daizee said and gave a mock salute to her brother. Miguel rolled his eyes and walked away to go answer his phone. 

Angel watched the siblings from across the lot, still in awe at seeing Daizee for the first time. She looked rough, her hair was frizzy and she looked like she had lost weight from the past 3 weeks. She still walked like she was in a bit of pain, but she still looked as beautiful as ever. Angel felt the guilt creep back up in his chest at all he had done to hurt her. 

"Alright, welcome back soldier." Bishop said, throwing his arm around Daizee's shoulders. 

"Good to be back, pres." Daizee smiled and Tranq led the girl into the clubhouse. The patched members welcomed her back with warm hugs and bright smiles. She had missed these grizzly looking men. 

While the patches were in Templo, the prospects were busy restocking the bar. EZ kept taking the heavy boxes of booze out of Daizee's arms making her give him a tight lipped smile. She so badly wanted to punch him and take the box out of his arms, but she knew it was better to let him do a lot of the heavy lifting. 

Angel sat in a chair, smoking a cigarette in the far room, watching the prospects joke around and talk, like nothing had ever happened between Angel and Daizee. It angered him to see her smile at the cause of his brother, when the only thing Angel kept bringing Daizee was sadness and dispare. Daizee would take a quick glance across the room, and then look back down at the box of beer she was unpacking. Angel sighed, and pushed himself up from his chair and walked out of the clubhouse. 

"He asked me to be discrete." Chucky said, coming up to the prospects, "So I wrote it backwards and in cursive." 

"Good job, Chucky." Daizee smiled and Chucky nodded. She unraveled the note that Chucky gave them and did her best to read it. 

"I accept that." Chucky said before coming around to behind the bar to take over for the prospects. 

Daizee followed behind EZ, as they made their way outside, seeing Angel walking over to where the bikes were. Daizee's heart skipped a beat as they began to walk towards him. She was terrified to be near him, to hear him speak, she was afraid she would breakdown all over again and want him to hold her. She had worked hard these past weeks to try and move away from Angel, to move to someone who had her heart, who could see a future with her.