24

Miguel smiled as he put pictures away of him and Daizee as children. He had been going through the boxes ever since the raid on his house, and they had drug them up. He never realized how much Cristobal looked like Daizee. Their smiles, and eyes were the same.

"Is now a good time?" Nestor asked as he walked over towards Miguel.

"Yeah," Miguel said and picked up a picture and handed it to him.

"Shit. How old were you guys?" Nestor said smiling at the picture.

"Uh 15 maybe. Yeah, your brother," Miguel chuckled, "Yeah, he loved that car."

"The faster, the better." Nestor said. Miguel nodded and then moved a box that sat on a chair and had Nestor sit in it.

"You know as this shift happens, the show for the Feds, the play with the rebels, Daizee coming into the business. My inner circle will need to get bigger, and more inclusive, and that can cause. . .hierarchy issues. Make people feel marginalized." Miguel said, "So I'm reorganizing. To avoid confusion."

"Yeah, makes sense." Nestor said and moved in his chair. He wasn't quiet sure what Miguel was trying to say, or if he was just talking about Daizee.

"Good. You'll still be my head of security, handle all protection details for me and my family, and now Daizee, as well. But, uh, in the field, I'm going to let my consejero handle any conflict that my arise." Miguel explained in detail, "He will be as much of a general as he is an adviser."

Nestor looked between Miguel and the floor, trying to wrap his brain around what he was being told. He wasn't fired, but he was fired, "Mikey, I don't understand."

Miguel sighed, and put his hands on his hips, trying to find the right words to explain the situation, "Listen, your decision to beat a nun to death with a baseball bat and dump her in a baptismal font, although effective, it lacked, vision."

"And burning your sister, that was a vision?" Nestor argued back.

"Last time I checked, you were the one who placed the branding iron on her chest." Miguel seethed. Nestor looked at his hands and kept quiet. Miguel walked closer to him, "We'll be playing a dangerous game of chess, on a three-dimensional board, and I worry about your skill level, moving around the most volatile pieces."

Nestor's big brown eyes looked at Miguel, almost pleading with him, "Look, it'll all make sense." Miguel said to him. Miguel kissed his forehead, and looked Nestor in the eye, "You're like a brother to me, Nestor."

"I'll do my best, Mikey."

"I'm sure you will." Miguel said and began to walk away, "Oh, and one more thing. Keep an eye on my sister."

Daizee drove her jeep out to the warehouse and waited for the Reyes brothers to arrive. The sun was beginning to get low in the sky, and she wondered where Red Wood was at. If they had arrived or not, and if he was waiting anxiously for her, like she was waiting for him. When the boys arrived, Daizee helped carry the bodies down into the tunnels and attach them to the wheelbarrow, to take them through the tunnels.

Daizee walked behind the brothers, and made sure they weren't being followed. It was hard for them to maintain two bodies on the old wheelbarrow, and keep on the wooden path. When the hit a bump in the path, the bodies went tumbling out of the cart. The Reyes brother stopped for a second and sighed.

"Do you remember him from when we were kids?" Angel asked the prospects.

"Kind of." Daizee said.

"No." EZ answered, "Not really."

"All I remember was Daizee's quince, his old man slapped the shit out of him, because he spilled relish on our table cloth." Angel said and Daizee nodded, remembering that moment.