16

The prospects came up with a plan. They would clean up the mess at the truck stop, and get rid of any sign of Leti Ortiz. Then they would place Albert back in the truck and make it look like a truck jacking. To them, it sounded like a good plan. They both agreed on it and headed out to the truck stop where Leti said it happened.

"You two are really smart." Leti said from the backseat.

"And yet, we're here." Daizee sighed and started the car.

"You two can fuck me if you want." Leti said and Daizee rolled her eyes. EZ sighed and looked at the girl.

"We're just trying to help you. We don't want anything from you." He said putting emphasis on the word 'anything'. Leti looked at Daizee and EZ before sitting back in her seat and putting her head down.

When the three of them arrived, Daizee and EZ quickly scoped out the place. Leti pointed the two in the direction of the rig. EZ instructed Daizee and Leti to wait for him as he would bring the rig around. They couldn't move a dead body in the middle of the day. As the two girls walked back to the truck, two other truckers passed them.

"Oh shit." Daizee said, "Stay here." Leti nodded and Daizee walked over to EZ, who was already being interrogated by the other truckers. One of them pushed EZ up against the door of the cab, and Daizee came over ready to fight. She took one of them while the other was busy attacking EZ.

The trucker on EZ grabbed a crowbar and was trying to choke him. Daizee went over to help fight him off when they both heard a stabbing squelch and the other trucker groaning in pain. The prospects stood with wide eyes as the trucker dropped, with a screwdriver in his shoulder, and Leti stood behind him.

"What is it with you and fucking screwdrivers!?" Daizee yelled as the man dropped and the other trucker took off. Daizee delivered one final blow to the trucker with the screwdriver, before grabbing Leti's arm and dragging her away.

EZ drove the two girls away from the truck stop as fast as he could, both of the prospects keeping eyes open for any following cars. Leti kept her head down, felling the anger radiate off of both the prospects. Daizee didn't even want to talk to the teen girl for endangering both EZ and Daizee and herself.

"I didn't kill him." Leti spoke softly.

"Doesn't make it any fucking better." Daizee scoffed and kept looking out the window.

"Look, we know you tried to help us." EZ said, and Leti cut him off.

"Should've let them beat the shit out of her."

"Watch your fucking tone before I fucking kill you." Daizee growled and Leti sat back down in her seat. Daizee sighed as her phone buzzed and saw it was Angel, "Hermano," Daizee said before answering it.

"Where are you?" Angel asked in a hushed voice.

"I'm with Coco's spawn." Daizee responded and could see Leti roll her eyes, "Keep rolling your eyes and they'll roll out ya fucking head." Daizee said to her, "It's not good. Where's Coco?"

"Still with Hank."

"Meet me at the pit." Daizee said and hung up the phone. EZ headed to the pit and Leti didn't say a word for the rest of the ride there.

EZ and Daizee waited in the car for Angel to arrive, while Leti went over to the nearby wall and sat down. EZ was too busy being on the lookout to notice what Daizee was doing. Daizee had been contacting Adelita's second in command, Pablo. Adelita didn't trust contacting Daizee over messages, so she had Pablo use a burner to talk to each other.

'I don't know how much longer we plan on keeping Cristo. We have Galindo where we want him. If you want to act, we need to fast.'

Daizee read the message over and over in her head. Her time for vengeance was running up, but she had an idea, just no sure way to execute it. Daizee sighed and told Pablo that she needed to meet with Adelita before she gave Cristobal back to Miguel. It was now or never for her plan.