Chapter 4

~~~~~Every pain gives a lesson, and every lesson changes a person~~~~~~

Y/N's POV:

"Mia you can go now. Make sure we finish the photoshoot by today," I ordered her before turning back to my laptop screen.

"Yes Ms. Y/N," she bowed and quickly walk out.

As I was typing my feedback, Mr. Kim pulled a chair and sat in front of me. He was intensely looking at me with his hand supporting his chin, and I can see him smiling, trying his best to distract me with his intense gaze.

"Mr. Kim, please leave my office. I have to work, so I cannot talk to you right now," I glanced at his figure before I continue typing.

A moment later, a man with a black suit came in with Starbucks coffee that Mr. Kim ordered.

"Hello, my name is Kim Namjoon. I am Mr. Kim's assistance," he took out his hand to shake mine.

"Hyung! Did you bring my ice-cream?" The man sitting in front of me asked, slightly pouting his pink lips as if he was a child.

"Taehyung, we are doing work right now. Eat that later," the tall man calmly answered back.

"Ms. Y/N, let's talk," Namjoon suggested as he turns around to give me his full attention. This man looks more professional and formal, comparing to that flirt in front of me.

"Mr. Kim, please just give up. I can't accept the collaboration," I politely replied to the younger man sitting in front of me, hiding my frustration.

"Call me Taehyung, I don't think you are older than me. You might even be younger than me," he grabbed a coffee and gave it to me.

I looked at the coffee and see that its labeled 'Americano' and I was surprised to see that he knows my favorite type of coffee.

"How do you..," I trailed off as he cheekily winked at me. My response was plain as usual.

The tall man cleared his throat as he has been standing awkwardly looking at our interaction.

"Ms. Y/N, may I sit?" Namjoon asked politely and I was embarrassed to not see that he was still standing.

"Oh, sure! I'm sorry.I should have let you sit sooner," I quickly apologized as I shut my laptop closed.

"I want to talk about this collaboration that Mr. Kim is dying for. He sees potential in you. And since both of you are young and talented, he would like to make a collaboration for this Christmas Eve. He already prepared some designs and would like to add yours in it too," Namjoon took a seat beside Mr.Kim and initiated the conversation, trying his best to persuade me. He doesn't know that he's failing.

"Just to clear things out, I am not talented. And yes, I am young and rich. But that's all because of my hard work. I don't like someone else taking my credit and the same goes with me taking someone else's credit. So, I do not like collaborating with any fashion industry," I simply replied, hoping that the two gentlemen will understand my point. There's no point of collaborating when both of us can work on our own. 

"Ms. Y/N, I am sorry to say this, but Mr. Kim is a stubborn man. He won't stop bothering you unless you agree to this collaboration," Namjoon heavily sighs. Frustration written all over his face as I start to pity the man. 

I glance at Mr. Kim who is still smiling with satisfaction. And the feeling of disgust started to build up inside me. I don't like those people who always get whatever they want. Can't they see that I am uncomfortable collaborating with others? I don't even trust people.

And you can't blame me. I had enough of people. I trusted them, and all they did was break it.

"I am sorry, I am not going to accept this collaboration."

"Ms. Y/N-," Namjoon continued but Mr. Kim cut him off mid-sentence.

"Its okay Hyung. She likes me bothering her and all. She likes me," he winked at me.

"Sure, whatever rows your boat," I rolled my eyes and told him. 

"Aww babe, you don't have to be that obvious," he cooed annoyingly. Just as I was about to tell him to f***ck off, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"This is from Seoul Hospital. We would like to talk about your Father's condition," the woman  on the other line replied hesitantly.

Father...the man I hated the most. The man that corrupted my childhood and my life. The drunk man that I don't even want to take care of. The man that made me work harder than I ever would, because of him I am like this. Broken inside.

"What's wrong? Just tell me," I sighed, hoping that this phone call never happens.

"Miss, your father needs to do a lung surgery to repair his lung tissues-," the woman stated.

"Sure, tell me how much it will cost. And I will send it," I cut her off.

"Miss, don't you want to see your father?" the woman asked me with a hint of surprise in her tone. 

"No," I nonchalantly replied and hung up.

The two men in front of me looked at me with shock. Their eyes wide open as their mouth gape at me. They must have overheard the conversation on the phone since the whole room is silent. I couldn't care less or more. This is the way my father deserves to be treated.

"If you will excuse me. I have the next meeting in ten minutes." I told the two shocked men as I stand up and fix my coat.

The two men cleared their throats awkwardly and stood up. "It is nice meeting you Ms. Y/N," Kim Namjoon said as he shook my hand one last time.

The guy beside him gave me his boxy smile and hold my hand cooing, "I will see you later."

I immediately yanked my hand away and rolled my eyes. "I don't think we will see each other again. We have no reason to," I replied, avoiding his intense gaze.

The man with a pink coat smirked and walked away, following the tall man to the exit.

"We'll see princess," he turns around to tell me as he left without a glance.

TO BE CONTINUED......