Chapter 9

~~~~~~Don't judge my choices without understanding my reasons~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV: 

Another meeting starts in ten minutes, so I am getting ready for it. Until I heard a knock on the door to see my favorite person (sarcasm).

"Look Mr.Kim, if this is about the dare last night, I am not doing it," I told him, remembering the dare he gave me last night.

"What dare?" he asked me with his knitted eyebrows. Showing me that he cannot remember.

"Nothing. I have a meeting to go to..so I don't have time." I bluntly told him, focusing on my work.

"Look..I didn't come here to talk about business." He sighed as he ran his fingers through his soft curly hair. 

"Oh, then I guess we have nothing to talk about, so please excuse me." I try leaving the room but he blocked the door by using his left arm and dragged me back in.

"I want to talk about your father." The name 'father' bring unwanted memories of the drunk man I grew up with. The man who abused me when my mom ran away.

"I don't want to talk about him," I try leaving again, and he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back in.

"Y/N you are very lucky to have your father alive. You have the chance to make him happy and create memories with him, I didn't have the chance to make my father happy before he passed away," he sadly frowned.

"Mr. Kim, I am sorry for your lost. But I'd rather have my 'father' dead," I nonchalantly spoke as I have no interest in the topic we are talking. 

He was shocked by my response. "Wha...I can't believe you. How can you say that?"

He took a step back and bitterly looked at me. Like I am the worst person on the planet. I can't take this anymore. How can people judge me without knowing my past?

"This is none of your business."

"Why are you so cold to me?" He asked me. His sighed in disbelief as he shook his head rapidly. 

"I am not," I told him as I left my room.

He followed me behind. "Yes you are...stop ignoring me."

"This is who I am and if you can't accept it, then I suggest you to leave Mr. Kim." I told him off bluntly.

FLASHBACK....

"Buy me more," the drunk man, so called my father asked me to buy him a beer, dragging the empty cans to my side.

He had more than 1 dozens of beer today, and is still not satisfy. He always want more, and cannot understand that we are running out of money. 

My parents are farmers, and as farmers we don't make much money this year. Even so, my father wouldn't stop drinking to save budget. He keeps drinking and even ask me to work as a cashier in a small department store. 

I listened to him; I worked at a small convenience store nearby to pay for my schools fees. I even work overtime to save some money for myself. But it didn't work. My father used up all the money that I had to fill his beer belly. 

My mom ran away because of him. He abused her because she couldn't farm well. Because we aren't making a lot of money like our neighbors. And people judge us because of my father. A drunk useless man who only knows how to drink beer. 

My father kicked me in the shin as I was thinking about my miserable life. After my mom ran away, I was the only one left for him to abuse and torture. He did. He punched me, kicked me, and threaten to tear my school books away because he wanted my money to be save for his beer. 

Should I still consider this man my 'father'? In every books and stories I read, father is more than just a man who is related to his child by blood. A father is someone who is willing to step up, and take care of his family. Father should be engaged, available, and responsible for his children and his family. A father should be someone I can look up to, someone that I can always talk to, someone that would embrace me in his arms and tell me everything will be ok. 

But the drunk man in front of me is not a father. Not even close to being one. 

"Are you going to buy me a beer or not?!?" he punched me in the abdomen. It hurts, but not as much as I was hurting inside. 

He left me with no choice. I love him because deep inside he's my father. But he keeps hurting me. Ever since my mom left, I took care of him. I took care of the house and everything all alone. But at this point of my life, I just want to RUN.

So, I did.

I ran to the person I relied the most. The person that still have my trust and is still supporting me. 

"Jungkook! Open the door!" I banged on his door, waiting for him to embrace me because I am shattered. I'm broken. I'm dead inside. 

TO BE CONTINUED........