Chapter 59

~~~~~~Sacrificing your happiness for the happiness of the one you love, is by far, the truest type of love~~~~~~

Third POV: 

After work, Taehyung decided to follow Namjoon back to his apartment and stay there for the night. He can't go back to his own mansion to see Y/N again. Not when he knows that she's someone else's soon to be wife. He has to move on. 

"So, are you really going to sleep at my apartment, Taehyung? I mean you can sleep on the couch or take my room. I'm sorry we don't have any extra room." Namjoon apologized as he start cleaning the mess in the living room. He lives alone so he never thought about creating a guest room. 

"You seem bummed. What's the reason for staying here? Did you burn your mansion by accident? Did you try cooking, Taehyung?" Namjoon teasingly asked with a smile plastered on his face but the younger man just shook his head. 

"No, my house is fine. I just don't have the strength to see her. Whenever I look at her, all I see is that she's not mine. And I'm not allowed to touch her or caress her because she's Jeon Jungkook's fiancé. Hyung, life is so not fair," Taehyung whined as he lay down on the couch that he perfectly fit in. He snuggled into the small pillow, wanting to forget his existence on earth. He just wants to sleep everything off and believe that everything is a dream. 

"I can't believe you let her go just like that. I mean you have all this time to confess your feelings and you just didn't. Stop being a coward, Taehyung!" Namjoon lightly scolded the younger man, but Taehyung just sighed. He couldn't confess because he's scared that Y/N is still in love with Jungkook. He's scared that she's not ready for a new relationship. He cared so much about her feelings above his own. And now, he's suffering. 

"I can't just confess to her when I don't know her true feelings. She sees me as a reliable friend. I can't just let her think that I'm helping her because I love her. It's not only love. I help her because I wanted to be there for her, I can understand her, I want her to be happy. Isn't it ironic that I always get any random woman I pick to play with but I can't have the woman I love?" Taehyung bitterly chuckled. 

Namjoon sighed and shook his head when hearing Taehyung's words. As a person who took care of Taehyung ever since they were young, Namjoon wanted the best for Taehyung. "So, what are you going to do now? Tell me, I'll help you."

"I texted Y/N before I came here. I told her that I won't be coming home due to work and I'll just stay at the office. I don't want her to worry about my absence. Although, I know she won't care.  But, she invited me to the stupid engagement party that Mr. Jeon is setting up this weekend and there's no way I'm going." Taehyung ran through his hair in slight anger. 

"I understand, Taehyung. But, how would Y/N feel if you didn't show up at her engagement party? I'm pretty sure this party is important for her and I believe you should be there," Namjoon sat beside Taehyung and patted on his shoulder, comforting the younger man. 

"I'm sorry, but I really can't bear to see her in another man's arms. She's going to be smiling and caressing him while I slowly break apart. Can you please go instead? I'll give you the gift to give her," Taehyung begged as the older man gave in. 

"Fine, I'll go. But you need to come up with a good excuse for you absence," Namjoon warned and left Taehyung alone in the living room, giving Taehyung a space to think. 

~~~~~~Meanwhile at Jeon's mansion~~~~~~~

Y/N and Jungkook quietly put each engagement party invitation cards into the envelopes. Jungkook glanced up to look at her each and every moment, but she just ignored him. Her mind was somewhere else. She was thinking about the text that Taehyung sent her. 

He told her that he won't be coming home and she feels nothing but disappointment. It's her last night at Taehyung's mansion because she decided to move out tomorrow. She doesn't think its suitable for a woman who decided to marry live with another man that is not her fiancé. 

"Y/N, you've been ignoring me ever since you arrived. Haven't you forgiven me already? You have already decided to marry me!" Jungkook quietly whined but still receive the silent treatment from Y/N. 

"I've accepted the marriage because of your father. I need to fulfill his wish since he's my savior. Forgiving you is not that easy, Jungkook. You think I'll just accept you again after you left me because of a stupid lie that Areum made?" Y/N scoffed as she look at Jungkook is disbelief. 

"I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry. It'll never happen again, I swear. I'll take care of you as your husband and I'll never believe anyone except you, my wife." He softly smiled at Y/N but she just rolled her eyes. She can't believe Jungkook doesn't trust her after all these years together.  Y/N has been warning about Areum to him, and yet Jungkook chose to believe Areum. 

"Have you talk to her? Does she know about the engagement party and the wedding?" Y/N nonchalantly asked Jungkook as he look down at his feet. He avoided her stare as the guilt once again rush inside him. 

"I-I haven't. I can't look at her in the same way. She's not the friend I've known." Jungkook confessed as he felt Y/N's strong gaze on him. 

"SO, YOU JUST LEFT HER AT YOUR MANSION JUST LIKE THAT? CLULESS AND OBSESSIVE? JUNGKOOK, DO YOU NOT REALIZE THAT SHE'S SO OBSESSED ABOUT YOU THAT SHE WOULD DO ANYTHING TO GET YOU? HAVEN'T YOU REALIZE THAT SHE CAN BECOME AN OBSTACLE IN OUR MARRIAGE LIFE?" Y/N started to yell at him as the anger wash over her. How can he just left Areum like that without warning or doing anything about her? How is she supposed to spend the rest of her life with a man that is soft for another woman?

"I-I'm sorry, Y/N. I'll go meet her the first thing in the morning. I'll tell her to just leave us alone. I'll warn her to not hurt you again. Y/N, I promised," Jungkook shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he started to imagine scenarios to meet Areum. She's been good to him for a long time and he knows this is going to break her apart.

"No need. I'm going to warn her myself. I don't need you to stutter in front of her because you are scared to hurt her feelings. I'm going to do everything on my own. And remember this, Jungkook. THIS MARRIAGE IS AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE. IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF LOVE. I THINK I FELL OUT OF LOVE WITH YOU," Y/N strictly told him as she stood up and start to leave. 

"Where are you going?" Jungkook quickly ask as he tries to follow Y/N. 

"I'm going to meet Baek Areum. She must be lonely at your house, worrying about you. Worrying about another woman taking you away because she's so obsessed with you. She must be living in hell with all those worries," Y/N chuckled. "Well guess what? I'll show her what the real hell is." Y/N left the Jeon's mansion as Jungkook quickly follow behind her to her car. He have decided to follow Y/N because he has to show his worth. He has to show her that he is willing to become a great husband for her. 

TO BE CONTINUED...