Chapter 63

~~~A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who means a lot to you, only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go~~~

Third POV: 

Jungkook watched the raindrops slowly sliding down the window as he waited for Y/N to come out of the shower. They have issues to discuss, including their future as a married couple. And right now, his mind is clouded with Areum and her lies. How could she do that when he trusted her.

Suddenly Y/N's phone light up on the table with a soothing ring tone. Jungkook slowly walked towards the table to see a phone call from 'Annoying CEO'. He knew who it was considering that he and Y/N are the two CEOs that he clearly knows. And the other person that has Y/N's personal number might be the one and only Kim Taehyung.

"Hello?" He answered the phone lightly, talking softer to sound like a feminine voice. He didn't imitate Y/N's voice exactly. That just sounds ridiculous to him.

"I love you, Y/N." The other line replied without any greetings and that shocked Jungkook. He didn't know Areum was saying the truth about Taehyung loving Y/N. Y/N didn't even believe in the shit that Areum said. Both of them thought it was another lie that Areum created to get me back.

He didn't reply and just quickly hung up before Y/N walked out of the shower with a towel wrapping around her body.

"What's going on?" Y/N asked him as she saw him quickly putting her phone back on the table. He just smiled at her.

"Nothing much. I was bored," He shrugged and Y/N didn't bother to ask me more. She talks less these days. She doesn't enjoy planning the wedding either. She took it as a job she has to finish rather than doing it as enjoyment for her life.

"Jungkook, are you sure you finish sending all the envelopes to our guest? The engagement party is tomorrow and I don't want anyone missing because they didn't get invited," Y/N lightly scolded him as she started to wipe her wet hair. Jungkook would normally help Y/N dry her hair, but now he would just look at her from a distance. She keeps moving away from him.

"Don't worry about it, Y/N. Everyone got our invitation and they're pretty excited about the party and the wedding. All you have to do is relax and enjoy the moment." Jungkook walked closer to Y/N but she took a step back.

"Jungkook, things aren't the same as before. Remember that. I'm marrying you because I want to make your father happy. This was the only favor that he asks from me. And I want to fulfill it." Y/N strictly told Jungkook like he was one of her employees. She's taking this as a serious business plan.

"Y/N, marriage is not something you do as a favor. Marriage is for your life. Are you willing to spend the rest of your life with me?" Jungkook slowly asked her, silently praying that she would say yes. He knew she was slowly slipping away. He can't even have their beautiful friendship back.

"I honestly don't know. I'm so messed up right now. I don't even think I feel the same way for you as before. I'm sorry, but nothing can be the same as before. You left me for some crap that she said. You put me through pain and I was miserable. Right now, seeing you standing in front of me hurts too because I can't stop thinking about those days that I try to get over you. I try thinking about every possible mistake that I have done that made you left me. I even cut myself to ease the pain but it didn't work. So please, if you ask me whether I'm willing to spend the rest of my life with you. The answer is no."

Y/N looked straight into his eyes while tears roll down on her face. She was trying to put on an emotionless facade to hide her feelings. But it was bottled up and she had to let it all out. Jungkook couldn't even look at Y/N. He was disappointed in himself, and mostly he hates the thought of letting go of her. He couldn't get over her after all these months. She was still at the back of his mind. And now that another man loves her and she might feel the same way too, Jungkook started to panic and decided to keep everything to himself. He's going to have a wedding and maybe by then, Y/N might fall for him again.

"I'm sorry for all the things that I've done. I was a jerk to let you go. I thought Areum was telling the truth since she was always honest with me. I understand her health situation and I couldn't hurt her feelings to kick her out of my life. She used to have heart attacks whenever we fought and I just don't want to hurt her like that." Jungkook reasoned as Y/N shook his head.

"You really thought they were real heart attacks? She was faking it to get your attention. She wanted you to take care of her. She would do anything to have you, Jungkook!" Y/N yelled as she let out her temper. She couldn't understand why Jungkook still thinks Areum as a good person. She isn't even decent.

Disappointment washed over Jungkook's face after learning that Areum has been acting all these years. He cared when he shouldn't. He just nodded his head silently and turn back to face Y/N.

"Take care of yourself. We have an engagement party tomorrow. I'm going to sleep now." He walks out of Y/N's bedroom to his own room. Mr. Jeon offered Y/N and Jungkook to stay at his mansion before the wedding. So, she accepted the offer.

As soon as Jungkook walks out of the room, Y/N fell on the bed with the towel still wrapped around her. She doesn't even have the motivation to change into her pajamas. She was hurt and she can't believe she's going to marry someone that she doesn't love.

She doesn't know what love is anymore after the breakup with Jungkook. She used to imagine her wedding with him when she was young. But now, everything vanished into thin air. And all is left was the pain. If love is a home where she feels safe, she knows there's the only person in this world who could make her feel this way. And right now, she doesn't want to do anything but stay in his arms for as long as she can before her miserable wedding. 

PLEASE COMMENT BELOW GUYS BECAUSE IT MOTIVATES ME TO WRITE MORE

TO BE CONTINUED....