Chapter 37

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Letting go of someone hurts, but holding on someone will hurt them more, then I'm willing to let her go. - Jungkook~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third POV: 

Tapping the wooden table frustratedly, Jungkook started to become impatient. He's been waiting for the 'great psychiatrist' for over an hour and he still didn't show up.

"I swear Areum if he doesn't show up in the next minute. I will leave your apartment and never meet him ever again." Jungkook told Areum with his gritted teeth. 

Jungkook was not in a good mood today since Y/N has been ignoring him. They're not in a good condition and he couldn't believe that his girlfriend that he has been standing up for is completely abnormal. Mental illness sound so absurd to him.

"I'm sure he's on his way, Kook. Wait for a while. He's a very busy man." Areum reassured Jungkook as she wraps her arms around his biceps. 

As the two were arguing, a knock on the door stopped them. Areum opened the door as the man with a dark navy suit came in with a smile. He took his hand out of his pocket to shake Jungkook's hand. 

"Hello, it's nice meeting you. I'm Dr. Min-Jun," the man smiles again and bow slightly. 

Jungkook shook off his mad thoughts and just smile back at the psychiatrist in front of him."I know Areum had told you about Y/N. Now tell me her condition," Jungkook told the shorter man with a slightly demanding tone. 

The other man chuckled and gestured to take a seat. "Ms. Choi Y/N's situation is unique. She is starting to show the signs of Schizophrenia. I've learned that children who experience childhood trauma are three times likely to develop schizophrenia later in life. And I have heard about her childhood trauma from Areum. I'm dearly sorry."

 "I still cannot believe this crap! She seems normal to me. I've been with her for the past several years and her behaviors didn't change at all." Jungkook sighed as he shook his head repeatedly. Min-Jun glanced at Areum as the girl gestured him to keep talking. 

"You see Mr. Jeon, I have some proof. People who are having schizophrenia will have social isolation, meaning that they will not let anybody get near them unless they know that person very well. In Y/N's case, that person would be you. A schizophrenia person will also have delusions. Areum told me that Y/N saw an illusion of her, which is also a sign of a person who has schizophrenia. They may also have doubts and disorganized thinking. In this case, I know she accused you of cheating. So all of these explains that she is starting to show the symptoms of Schizophrenia." Min-Jun gave a pity smile to Jungkook.

On the other hand, Jungkook was losing his mind.He can't fight against the facts. Maybe he doesn't realize it but Y/N does have some problem. She started to disconnect her relationship with her ill father and she stops finding her mother. She doesn't talk much and her workers know that too. He's the only one who she trusted and rely on the most. He has to do something. 

"S-so what should I do?" Jungkook stuttered as his thoughts travel everywhere. He couldn't believe that this is happening. Y/N has schizophrenia. 

"Based on my experience, it is important for people she relies on to take care of her. You cannot let her get hurt again. And if I have to look at your situation here. Aside from her father, you and Areum are the only two who are associated with her childhood drama. Y/N has avoided her father so he is not a concern. But you on the other hand is." Min-Jun sighed deeply as he handed Jungkook some researches on schizophrenia.

"The best thing to do would be to protect her. You can't let anybody hurt her, especially yourself. You are the only one who can hurt her since Areum is not in her life anymore. She trusts you, Mr. Jeon. And she has some trust issues and she's starting to see illusions of Areum. If you keep going on, I believe you will be the one to hurt her." 

As Min-Jun's words repeated in Jungkook's head, he started to remember what Y/N had said. "You are the only one who can hurt me Jungkook", Y/N once told him before.

 "W-what do you mean 'if I keep going on'?" Jungkook asks to make sure he isn't hearing wrong information. 

"I know you and Ms.Choi are very close. But I think you have to keep your distance away from her. You have to let her get closer to other people. Bring her back into the social world where she can trust others. Your presence does not help her. She will only look at you and rely on you. If you came home late or do something suspicious to her, she will assume things too easily and will see the illusion of Areum again. She will assume that you are cheating. And this will end up hurting her. If you let her go, she'll find her way back into the world." Min-Jun suggested as he took back the files from Jungkook. 

"This is all I have to say for today. I hope you understand Ms. Choi Y/N's situation. I have to leave now. I have another appointment," Min-Jun bowed as he left Areum's apartment. 

As soon as Min-Jun leaves, Areum quickly shifts closer to Jungkook and enveloped him in her arms. This is exactly what she wanted.

"Jungkook, I care about Y/N. After the incident that makes her have horrible childhood trauma, I regretted a lot. I want her to live a happy life. And based on the doctor, you've got to let her go. She trusts you. And her mental health will make her have doubts about you. She will believe that you are cheating on her, even if you are very loyal." Areum sighed as she put her head on Jungkook's shoulder.

 "W-what do I do now? How can I let her go?" Jungkook shook his head as the thought of leaving Y/N scared him. He can't do it. He's been protecting her and supporting her all his life. He knows that Y/N is strong. But the doctor can be right too. 

"We have to come up with something, Jungkook. But remember that we are doing it for her good." Areum reassured Jungkook as she stroke his soft hair slowly.

 Jungkook was thinking of a way to break up with Y/N, but his phone suddenly rang. 

"Hello?" Jungkook answered.

"I want to talk to you. Can we meet up?" A deep voice came out from the other line. His deep and raspy voice reminds him of someone he despises the most: Kim Taehyung.

To Be Continued....