Chapter 56

YEP!! Two chapters a day because I love you guys!!! Please don't forget to vote because it means so much to me and it motivates me to write more. 

To upload Next Chapter

Vote: 7

Reads: 27

~~~~My life is a series of unfortunate events- Y/N~~~~

Y/N's POV:

I follow the address and end up in front of a big mansion. There was a huge bold golden label in front of the mansion saying "Jeon's Mansion". Apparently, the cafe Mr. Jeon mentioned was his private cafe in his house. It even has a name called "Euphoria".

The security in front of the gates greeted me with a bow and open the door for me. They might have seen me in pictures because Mr. Jeon hang around the picture of Jungkook and me everywhere in his old house. So, I'm assuming the pictures are in his new mansion too. He loves us, especially when we are together.

My heels click the marble floor as I slowly enter the cafe on the first floor. The air conditioner in the mansion is insanely cold and it reminds me of my winter vacation in Russia. I slightly bow at the old lady that welcomed me with a warm smile. She was a housemaid that used to babysit Jungkook and I. We weren't kids when we met but we always go to her whenever we need help from an adult.

"Hello, Ajumma. I haven't seen you for a long time. I missed you." I quickly rush towards her and embrace her. She looks different from our last encounter. She has more grey hair and her back slightly bent.

"Omo, my dear Y/N. You've grown to become a beautiful woman. I can't believe I'm seeing you again for real. I'm so happy," she chuckled as she rubs my back soothingly. She and I stop seeing each other after I left for college. Mr. Jeon bought me a small apartment and I start everything from there.

"Thanks, Ahjumma. I'm very happy to meet you too." I let go of her as she smiles at me warmly. She's the closest person to become a mother figure for me. She nurtured me like her own child.

"Follow me, dear. Mr. Jeon is waiting for you," she holds my hand and slowly drags me towards the luxurious cafe. The smell of coffee and warm baked cookies hit me immediately.

"There you are! Come sit in front of me. I have so many things to tell you," Mr. Jeon excitedly greeted me.

I quietly sit in front of him like a lady in her black and white uniform hand me a warm cup of coffee. Another lady put a plate of freshly cooked on our table obediently.

"So, how are you dear? And how's your business?" he asked me with his hands clasped. He smiled at me warmly as I start to rant about my business.

"I'm doing great. My business is fine too. I've got to promote some of my great employees and we have some parties to host and attend. I'm not a fan of parties but there are some that I might join. We've also decided to launch a new fashion design next week," I smile at him as he keeps nodding his head. "Enough about me. How about you, Mr. Jeon? How is everything going?" I ask him in return.

"Oh please, call me father. We've talked about this Y/N. It might be uncomfortable to call me this at first but you will get used to it later on." He took a sip out of his coffee gracefully but my feelings are getting more mixed up. I don't know how to feel about this and the strong pang in my stomach increases. I don't like where this is going.

"What do you mean?" I ask him, trying my best to hide my anxiety and be polite. I took a little sip of my warm coffee to soothe me but it doesn't help at all.

"You see, dear. Jungkook and you've known each other since you guys were in elementary school. I'm very happy that you've come to us for help and move away from your family. You are such a sweet girl, and you don't deserve such parents and their horrible parenting. You have the potential to work up and I admire all your work," he complimented me.

"Thanks and I give full credit to you. Without your help, I won't be who I am today...father," I slowly pronounce the word. The word seems so foreign to me because I've never had a real father. And the word only reminds me of my horrible real father. The man I always addressed as a monster.

Mr. Jeon immediately smiled at the new name that I called him. He was very pleased to hear me say it. "Of course, sweetheart. You have always been like my daughter and I only have one favor to ask from you," he trailed off and I was about to do anything. That man sitting in front of me is my lifesaver. He did everything for me and I even thought of him as my parent.

"Please tell me. I will do anything in my power," I told him as he sighed in relief. Not only was I nervous, but the man in front of me is nervous to ask for a favor. And this only increases my anxieties.

"You are the only girl and woman that I know explicitly. You are the best compatible partner for my son. You two have been through ups and downs together and I couldn't help but feel happy for you two. Ever since you came into our house, my son has always been taking care of you. He's always there to encourage you and help you improve. And there is only one wish I have for both of you. I've always been dreaming of this moment ever since I start to know you, Y/N-"

"Mr.Jeon, I'm sorry but I don't know where this is going. You are making me extremely nervous as I can sense this favor is very huge. Can you please go straight to the point? Please?" I quietly begged as the pang inside my stomach increases. My hands started to sweat and I started to feel the goosebumps on my arms. Okay, maybe the goosebumps were a little extreme. But, I swear I'm very nervous.

Mr. Jeon sighed and look at me directly into my eyes. "Y/N, I want you to marry my son Jeon Jungkook," he stated firmly as I drop the coffee in my hand in surprise. All the coffee spilled over me and it was a complete disaster. The housemaids rush towards me and began to wipe my stained dress with white cloths, but I couldn't care about them. My mind was fixed. I don't know how to react or say. His favor is a lot for me to take due to the circumstances that Jungkook and I are in.

And there is a part of me that thinks of Taehyung as soon as I heard Mr. Jeon's favor. Why was I thinking about him when this is nothing to do with him. Just when I was questioning myself, a voice that I was very familiar with called me from behind.

"Y/N?"

TO BE CONTINUED.....