Chapter 61

~~~It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend~~~

Third POV:

"W-wedding??!" Areum suddenly asked in shock. She wouldn't ever think about Jungkook marrying someone else than her. She would never dream of this day. This was a nightmare.

Y/N looked at Jungkook who was hesitating to say anything to Areum. He seemed like he's scared of her reaction. He looks back at Y/N for help with his doe eyes.

"That's right, Areum. Jungkook and I are going to marry soon. We'll send you an invitation later on. We worked hard on it," Y/N smiled at Areum as Areum clenched her fist in anger.

"Jungkook, how could you? Do you seriously don't feel anything for me during the time we live together?" She turned around to face him and asked him in disbelief. She shook Jungkook's shoulders and hit his chest repeatedly until he grabbed her hands to stop her.

"Areum, please control yourself," Jungkook told her as she repeatedly shook her head. She can't accept the fact that he's getting married. She always dreamt of her and Jungkook's wedding. Since childhood, she would plan for their wedding every time she came back from a playdate with him. Now, everything is gone and washed away.

Areum turned around to look at Y/N. Her face was painted with satisfaction while Areum face was painted in pain. Areum suddenly raised her hands to slap Y/N, but Y/N quickly caught her hand.

"Don't you dare hurt me." Y/N threatened as Areum remembers the memories from last night. It was a blur since she was drunk, but she can still remember some of it.

FLASHBACK to Last Night

Areum was searching for Jungkook as he didn't come back home at this hour of the night. The clock already strikes 12 and Areum went out of his mansion to look for him. She visited every club that she believes Jungkook would be, but there was no sign of him.

She entered one of the most expensive and popular clubs in Seoul, hoping that she would see Jungkook drinking at a bar or dancing on a dance floor. She was worried that he might get sick of her or he might be stressed because of his work. Either way, she wanted to confront him.

She saw the back of a man wearing dark blue tuxedo sitting elegantly on one of the chairs beside a bar. He was sipping a drink, but Areum couldn't see him. His figure is the closest to Jungkook's, so Areum decided to approach him.

"Jungkook?" She slowly asked as the man turn around with his brow raised.

It wasn't Jungkook, but it was someone she knows. Someone she hadn't think about in a while.

"Taehyung?" Areum looked at him with her eyes wide as he slowly nodded his head. She took a seat beside him and stare at his expensive whiskey. It reminds her of the first night she met Taehyung at a bar. They hooked up and spend a wonderful night that Areum enjoyed very much.

Taehyung is a CEO just like Jungkook. And his body is perfect like a god sculpted himself. Before Areum meets Jungkook again, she was chasing Taehyung. She gave him her card and he never calls her. She tries everything to get his attention but eventually stops when she found Jungkook at the party. She was happy to see her childhood crush back. After all, Areum wanted Jungkook and Taehyung was just a replacement.

"Were you looking for Jungkook?" Taehyung asked her as Areum nodded her head. She was thinking about all the possible places that Jungkook would be. Was he tired of her? Did he hate her?

"Stop looking for him. He's not yours. You should know better than Y/N and Jungkook are meant to be together from the start." Taehyung bluntly told her as he took another sip of his light yellow whiskey. Areum was shocked. She wanted to ask many questions about how he knows about Y/N and Jungkook. He didn't know that Y/N and Taehyung would be that close. Sure, she has seen Y/N and Taehyung together, but she thought they were just colleagues. She even heard that Y/N was staying at Taehyung's house but none of that concerns her. After all, she had Jungkook with her all the time.

"Stop the crap and tell me where he is. If you don't know, then I'm going to find him on my own." Areum nonchalantly told him as she doesn't want to hear anything about Y/N or even the mention of her name. She hated that name.

"Areum, sit down. I need to discuss some matter with you," Taehyung quickly grabbed Areum's wrist as she attempted to stand up.

"What is it? Is it about Jungkook? Did he tell you anything about me?" Areum started to throw random questions.

"No, he didn't. Just give up on Jungkook, Areum. He likes Y/N, not you. And Y/N has strong feelings towards him. Can't you see that you are the obstacles?" Taehyung asked.

"Me? You have no fucking idea about my feelings. I love Jungkook and he is supposed to be mine. And Y/N came in, destroying everything he and I ever had. I love him so much. I can't give up on him." Areum started crying as she couldn't let go of Jungkook. She never imagined it.

"I know how you feel. I feel the same as you, but we're different. You're not in love with Jungkook. You are obsessed with him. You would never expect or force him to love you back if you are truly in love. If you love that person, you never think about yourself. You always want the best for them. You always want to make them happy even if you have to sacrifice your happiness. What you have for him is not love, Areum." Taehyung sighed as he reflects on his situation. He finally knows what love is, but the love he knows is different from others. People say love is sweet and warm, but for him, love tastes nothing and empty. It is one-sided love.

"Pfft. You don't know anything about love, Taehyung. You are a womanizer, a player, a stubborn jerk who thought he can get any girl and anything he wants. You don't even have a heart to love. All you know is how to sleep with others and pleasure yourself." Areum scoffed in disbelief as she can't accept the accusation of her being obsessed with Jungkook. She knows it's not an obsession. At least, that's what she thought.

"I was that man, but I've changed. I've changed for her. I wanted to become better for her. I stopped seeing other women like one-night stands. I stopped drinking up all night at clubs and dance with other ladies. You want to know why? It's because I don't want her to feel embarrassed and ashamed of having to be with someone like me. I don't want her to feel insecure about herself if she started to have even slightest feelings for me. I don't want her to feel like she's not enough when she's everything that I could ask for. But nothing ever turns out the way we want to in life, Areum. The woman I fell in love doesn't love me and it hurts like hell. But I accept and support her all the way through. And it's all because I love her." Taehyung explained as Areum rolled her eyes.

"Does she even exist?" Areum annoyingly asked as she can't believe a womanizer is in one-sided love and telling her what love is. She doesn't need someone telling her or teaching what love is.

"Tch...you know her, so stop asking me stupid questions. And remember that you are just obsessed with Jungkook. Let go of him and leave them alone. And don't you dare hurt Y/N," Taehyung threatened as Areum noticed something and gasped in surprise.

"Don't tell me the women you fell in love is Y/N!!!"

END OF FLASHBACK

Back to present

"Don't you dare hurt me." Y/N threatened.

"Hurt you? Please you are the one who hurt people. You seduce another man and now you're marrying Jungkook? Such a slut," Areum rolled her eyes.

"Seduce another man?" Jungkook turned around to ask Y/N. He was surprised. Was Y/N seeing someone?

"Do you believe in every shit she said?" Y/N asked Jungkook back in disbelief as Jungkook quietly shook 'no'.

"You have to believe me, Jungkook. You can't marry someone who lived with another man for two months together. She seduced a man and he fell for her. And now, she's targeting you," Areum started to ramble.

"Who is the man?" Jungkook annoyingly asked Areum as he started to feel like maybe Y/N fell out of love because of that man.

TO BE CONTINUED.....