Chapter 12

~~~~~I rarely open up. I don't like to feel vulnerable or be misunderstood.~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV: 

I opened the door, revealing a familiar figure reading a book to a man on the bed. He's reading a story to my father, the man I don't want to see. The familiar man looked up at me, his brown orbs piercing right through me. 

"Oh. So, you came." He scoffed bitterly and stare at the book on his lap again.

Too tired to start any argument, I ignored him. I walk toward my father laying lifelessly on the bed with many machines near him. His heart is still breathing but he seems to be tired after his operation. 

I gently place the bouquet of lilies beside his bed and turn around to face Taehyung. 

"Why are you here?" I asked him, wanting to know what's he doing with my father. What are his true intentions?

"Taking care of someone that you can't," he smiled bitterly. 

 "We need to talk," I sighed in defeat. This man won't stop taunting me, and I'm too tired to fight. Its not his job to take care of my father from the start. Why is he doing this?

He stood up from the chair beside the bed, and dragged me to the balcony. Its normal for him to drag girls everywhere, but for me its disrespectful. I can walk on my own, and he doesn't need to drag me around every time he wants me to follow him.

"Okay, let's talk," he said, looking at the cars underneath the balcony. Still avoiding my intense gaze. Why can't he look at me in the eyes and just tell me?

"I-" I was about to tell him to stop taking care of my dad but he cuts me off.

"Your brother came into my office the other day, he told me to not get mad at you. But didn't specifically tell me the reason why," he looked at me with no expression on his flawless face, scanning my eyes as if theres an answer to all his questions. 

"You don't need to know." I turn around to look at other buildings surround the hospitals. All those skyscrapers calm me down.

"You're right, I don't. You're just a selfish women who does not know how to take care of people and their feelings. Nothing concerns you except your work. Am I right Choi Y/N?" he addressed me with my full name. And I hated it.

He's crossing the line. He is accusing me as someone that I'm not, he does not even know the reasons behind my actions. The man that he's been taking care of is my nightmare. The man who haunts me down in my nightmares with his sick alcohol smell. 

"Your brother told me that you have your own reasons, but I don't see any. Do you know how much your father missed you? He asked me whether I know where you are and how you're doing all the time! And I want you to know how much he cares!" He told me harshly, frustratedly and look at me with full of disappointment. 

"Cares? That man still cares? After all those things he had done to me?" The questions slipped out of my mouth without thinking.

"What do you mean?" He asked me this time with full of confusion. Is it really necessary to tell him? I barely know him. Can I trust him?

"He was never my father. He was a drunk man who corrupted my childhood and my family. He keeps on drinking and never help us out. My mom ran away because of him, and my brother died because of him. Do you know how much I hate him??" 

I feel emotionally unstable and I hated myself for showing my weakness in front of him. My mind was mixed with memories of him abusing me, my mom running away without any trace, and my younger brother committing suicide because of my father's harsh words and abuse. He abused my brother for being gay. What is so wrong about it?

"Y/N-" 

"And even after all of this, I still came to see him. And you are here yelling at me like this is all my fault. He deserves all of that. The lung cancer is not a surprise either, he's been drinking a lot. I couldn't stop him. No one can. And you...Kim Taehyung doesn't know anything. SO PLEASE STOP BLAMING ALL ON ME! JUST GET OUT OF MY BUSINESS. AND STOP TAKING CARE OF THAT MAN!!!" I yelled at him with so much anger. I didn't know I was crying or whether he was even looking at me. All I know is to yell and let all my feelings out.

"Y/N...I..didn't know that," he approached me with his arms reaching out to me, but I push them away. 

 "No, you don't need to know anything about my life. You are just an acquaintance, and you have nothing to do with my personal life. So please Kim Taehyung, just leave my father alone!" I demanded frustratedly.

"I'm sorry Y/N, look at me," he brought me to his embrace and move my chin upward so I can look at him.

"Please..leave me..a-alone," I released the breath that I was holding. I only wanted to be alone. I stare back at the ground again, trying to avoid his intense gaze.

"Y/N I'm so sorry, I didn't know. I was a jerk. I shouldn't blame everything on you," he apologized sincerely but I couldn't care. He was never supposed to pry on my personal business. 

"If you are truly sorry, please leave me alone. Don't ever come and see my father again." I look at him with the painful eyes. He didn't say anything but try to wipe my tears away with his thumb, slightly stroking my warm cheeks.

I saw the rise and fall of his chest as he sighed deeply, and nodded his head. 

Just when he was about to leave, the rain started pouring down unexpectedly. The sky was grey earlier, but we were too ignorant to notice it.

"Y/N, I can't leave you here," he turned around to face me.

I stand there in the rain as the water started dropping down on my face and hair. I started to feel my clothes slowing sinking and sticking to my skin as I wrap my arms around myself. 

"Leave me alone," I told him with no emotions as I stared at the ground. The rain slowly dripping off of my head. I stare at the marble floor that has small ripples everywhere. 

"I really want you to forgive me, but I don't want you to get sick either." Taehyung yelled back as the cold rain started to get louder. 

"Why do you care?" I asked him, slightly laughing at his words. All of the sudden he cares about me?

"You're right, I don't care about the stubborn Y/N. I care about the girl who is broken inside," he told me as he swiftly carried me bridal style inside the hospital. 

"Drop me now!!" I demanded as I feel uncomfortable with the change of height. I could feel his chest heaving beside my face as I struggle to get out of his arms. 

"Honey...I don't think its nice to drop you here." He told me as he stared at the entrance ahead of him.

"I don't care," I yelled at him, even louder this time, catching attention of all the doctors, patients, and nurses.

"People are watching babe, might as well keep it down. If you don't want any attention." He quietly whispered. But I can hear him clearly due to the closeness. I can even hear him breathe.

He carried me to his car and dropped me on the red car cushion gently. As if I'm the most fragile vase in the world.

"So, I have an apartment nearby, do you want to go there?" he asked me while driving to the main road. Not even looking at my face. My whole body was soaking wet as I turn the heater on.

"No. I want to go home," I told him slightly irritated about the fact that he carried me.

"But isn't it far? I heard your house is near your enterprise but its like 3 hours drive, and you will get sick by then. Just listen to me." He argued and keep driving to wherever he wants to go.

I just sighed, not wanting to argue with this stubborn man name Kim Taehyung.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you," he smirked, turning around to see my blank reaction.

I don't blush, nor say anything. I am just so done with this man. Take care of me? Very funny.

TO BE CONTINUED...........