Chapter 41

~~~~~~A hero is someone that sacrifice something that he values to make another person's life better. So am I still a hero for her? -Jungkook~~~~~~~~

Third POV:

"NO. I won't leave my winter bear," Taehyung stubbornly told her as Y/N raised her eyebrows. She was so confused by the nickname he gave her.

"Are you giving me a nickname?" Y/N questioned as a small blush crept onto Taehyung's cheek. He didn't realize that the word slipped out of his mouth. 

"I'm sorry. It's just that you remind me of winter bears. I used to study about animals when I was way back in high school. I was just interested in them as I like to take pictures of them," Taehyung explained. Y/N remembers the time Taehyung told her that he wanted to be a photographer like his father. And Y/N even wanted to engulf him into her arms back then. He was so different. 

"I like winter bears the most. They are so beautiful and strong too. Even in the cold winter, they still survive while hunting for food. They are the best creatures in my eyes. And the same goes to you. You are strong even though your life was traumatic. You kept going on, and now look where you are. I know I would never be this successful if I were you." Taehyung avoided Y/N's gaze as he started to feel uncomfortable about explaining his thoughts. 'What if she thinks he's weird?' he thought. 

"Oh and they sleep a lot. Just like the day you slept after I came to your house with an expensive wine. You are really a winter bear," he chuckles as Y/N feel herself smiling at him. She can't believe the player, the womanizer, the CEO that she despise the most thinks of her highly. He even compares her with a winter bear. Cute.

"Mr. Kim," Y/N sighed as the reality hit her. She's not a normal person. If she let Taehyung get closer to her, she know she'll do something terrible to herself. She can't keep trusting people and letting them leave like Jungkook. 

Taehyung sighed as he hates the formality that Y/N is using. He wish he could be Jungkook sometimes. He wish he was there for her before the rumors and assaults. He wish he could protect her like a shield. And on the other hand, he wish he wasn't there. If it wasn't for the traumatic events and everything Y/N's been through, will he still look at her with admiration? or will he sees her as one of those many other girls?

"I understand, Y/N. But I still want to do something about this. You are completely normal. You are not mentally ill or showing any sign of schizophrenia. I'll do something about this." Taehyung  fiddles with the hem of his shirt as he think of many possible ways to meet the psychiatrist that Jungkook mentioned.

"Just let it go, Taehyung." Y/N called him by his name as she saw his earlier sad reaction. She really appreciate his effort for being here with her. But some part of her believes that he is the same as others. 

"What do you get if you help me? You won't get anything in return. I can't give you anything." Y/N closed her eyes and sighed as she remember Jungkook's words. 

'I'll always be here for you. I don't need anything else but to see you smile.'

'I'm your best friend. I know you the best'

'No one can hurt you as long as I am here with you'

These words keep playing in Y/N's mind as she scoffed. Liar. 

"I don't want anything, ok? I was once struggling like you because of my parent's divorce. Of course it was nothing compared to yours but I know the pain. It was awful and I did attempt to hurt myself back then. But Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung saved me. And I would like to help you too."Taehyung told Y/N giving her his small boxy smile and hold her left hand. He intertwined it and rub his thumb on her palm in circles. 

He doesn't want her to know that he adores her. He doesn't want her to know that she changes the way he sees women. He thought every women wants money just like his mom. He thought women don't want a man who can give all his heart just like his dad. He hates women, but Y/N changed it. Y/N is independent and she doesn't look for money. All she wants is a person who can wrapped her around in his arms on her tough day, a shoulder to cry on, a smile and words to calm her down. She wants the affection that no one has ever given to her, but she is hiding her wants under that cold face. 

It was hard for Taehyung to read her as she pull on this strong facade. But as time passed by, he slowly started to see through her. She thought Jungkook can give her the warmth that she longed for because he was with her the whole time. But she didn't see any other consequences. She was blind. 

Airport

Jungkook and Areum started to wait for their private jet as they had both decided to go back to seoul. Paris has been complicated but it was lovely for Areum. She took a big step to get her arms wrapped around him. 

"Kook, don't worry about anything. She'll be fine. She's strong and you know it more than anyone else," Areum started playing the role of an angel and a supportive friend that Jungkook would lean on. She was right. He did trust her fully, completely oblivious about the cruel trap that he was in. 

"She used to call me her hero because I always make her feel happy at the end of the day. I make her feel like her presence gives me a motivation to walk in life. I give her promises that we can fight anything in life together. I comforted her like she's the only precious thing in the world. I made her feel home. I was her hero, Areum," Jungkook sighed as Areum clenched her jaws. She hated Y/N for pulling Jungkook into misery. Jungkook should not feel guilty about this at all. 

"You are still her hero, Kook. You did this because you want her to walk on a beautiful path. She won't be hurt anymore. She's safe because of you," Areum rubbed her palms on Jungkook's bare arms and give him a small smile. She kissed on his nose, showing comfort that Jungkook needs.

"What if she hurt herself? I can't let her do that!" Jungkook started stressing out as he remembers the memory of Y/N.

Flashback

Drip, drip, drip. The blood ooze out of Y/N's arms as she started to cry painfully. Her mother ran away when she came back from school. She didn't even left a note. Not even a single good bye to her only daughter. It hurts. 

Y/N stood up to face her drunk father laying on the couch. He seems to not his wife's absence, but Y/N knows that they had a fight just like every other day. It hurts to see that parent's decisions hurt their children. It hurts Y/N like no other knife can. It cuts deeply into her heart and the scars will remain forever. 

Jungkook ran into Y/N's house to congratulate her about the test. Y/N got a full score in her math test. But Jungkook stopped at his track as soon as he saw the weak girl leaning on the marble wall with bloods dripping from her wrist.

He quickly rush toward her and throw the knife away. He did yell at her as he found himself completely tempered. He doesn't want anyone to hurt themselves, especially Y/N. She's been facing her parent's issues.

"Does that jerk told you to do that?" Jungkook pointed at Y/N's father. She shook her head as tears fall down her cheeks. She couldn't stop crying and her wrist keeps bleeding.

"I swear, Y/N! If you do this again! I'll cut myself too!" Jungkook yelled, trying his best to hold his temper but completely fail.

Y/N shook her head immediately as she started to imagine Jungkook cutting himself. No, she can't let that happen. She doesn't want to hurt others because of her. So, she quickly stood up and clean her wounds. She needed to get over this. Jungkook is here for her now. After all, he's her hero.

End of flashback

"Please forgive me, Y/N. I don't want to be the one to hurt you. You must learn to move on, and after that. Maybe, we can meet again," Jungkook quietly whispers as he look out the window to see the view of Paris.

TO BE CONTINUED....