Chapter 35

~~~~~~~I didn't mean to fall in love, but I did. And you didn't mean to hurt me, but you did~~~~~~~~

Third POV:

Taehyung woke up with a woman clinging onto his arm. He shook her off quickly and took out his wallet from his pants on the floor. He quickly places the money beside the woman and left her like the way he does to every single woman he slept with.

He couldn't concentrate on his work nor communicate much with his employees. He feels empty. If this is karma for breaking women's heart, he wishes the karma would stop.

Just when he thought he can't fall for anyone, Y/N came into his life being oblivious. He doesn't believe in love because of his parents. Her mom left his dad because he can't afford to build a family. She left him broken and alone with his camera full of her pictures.

Taehyung remembers his father giving him his wedding ring as a farewell gift. Taehyung didn't want it, but his father insists to take the ring as his most precious gift.

That's when Taehyung decided that all women are the same; they only want men who have money and who can afford to build a family. They don't care about love. This is the reason he believes why women approach him; he's rich.

But Y/N was different. Instead of clinging onto him like others, she builds her enterprise and supports her living. Despite her father's abusive actions and her broken family, she still manages to stay strong. And that's what caught Taehyung's heart.

He knows its not just a slight crush. He's falling in love. He is falling for her deeper and deeper but she's not there to catch him. He landed on concrete with cold blood oozing out of his heart.

"Taehyung, you've been staring at the papers for too long. We're still waiting." Namjoon's voice broke into Taehyung's thought.

"Sorry hyung...I'm not feeling well." The younger man apologized as he hurriedly signed the paperwork in front of him.

"Taehyung tell me. Is there something bothering you? How can I help?" Namjoon rubs Taehyung's shoulder, comforting the younger man.

"It's not something that you can help, Hyung. I just don't know what to do with her," Taehyung honestly replied. He doesn't know how to act around you. Yet, he still has to see you for the collaboration that he used to pray for.

"Her? Y/N?" Namjoon asked Taehyung, wanting to make sure that he's thinking about the right girl.

"Yea who else?" Taehyung replied as he rolled his eyes. He knows that Namjoon was thinking about other girls that Taehyung used to sleep with, but they're not worth considering.

"I told you to stay away from her. Now what?" Namjoon slightly scolded the younger man as the younger man glared at him.

"You don't understand hyung! I can't stay away from her.." Taehyung start to ramble about how Y/N caught his attention all the time. How curious he was about her. This made Namjoon smirk.

"If I'm not wrong. You're in love," Namjoon nonchalantly replied as Taehyung quieted down. The younger man doesn't know how to reply. He's not even sure about himself.

"It doesn't matter whether I'm in love or not. She's taken. End of discussion," Taehyung stood up and start to leave the office room but Namjoon pulls him back.

"If she's taken, do you think the other guy treats her right? Maybe you're thinking about her because you're worried. You're worried that she might get mistreated again because you have so much expectation on the people that gets to be in her life. I know you're currently taking care of her father right now. Jin hyung told me. Did her father say anything to you?" Namjoon asked, trying his best to identify Taehyung's true feelings.

"He told me to take care of her well, but she doesn't even need me," Taehyung scoffs bitterly and sits back down on the leather couch.

"If you believe that the other guy will take care of her nicely, then you should let her go. When you're in love, you truly care about the other person's happiness. If you believe that she's happy with him, then you need to move on." Namjoon sighed as he pats on Taehyung's shoulder. Namjoon knows that moving on is hard, especially when it is first love.

Taehyung sees the flashback of Y/N screaming after Jungkook and their misunderstanding fight at her mansion. Jungkook didn't even ask for a reason, he just randomly assume things and started blaming. He saw how broken Y/N was.

"I know he's not treating her right. I'll talk to him because I know she cares about him a lot. If I fix their problems, do you think she will be happy?" Taehyung asks Namjoon again with a glint of sadness.

"She will, but you won't," Namjoon simply answers back, stating out the truth.

"Her happiness comes before mine. She was broken. Her mother ran away and she had to live with an abusive father that is now regretting deeply. I want to make her happy. If she's happy, I'll be happy." Taehyung painfully smiles as Namjoon nods his head slowly.

Seeing Taehyung willing to sacrifice his happiness, Namjoon feels proud of the younger man. Taehyung was a child who only cares about himself, and Namjoon has to raise him well. Taehyung was greedy and he doesn't believe in love. He was careless and relentless.

Meanwhile at Y/N's mansion...

Y/N walks back and forth waiting for Jungkook to return home. She couldn't sleep last night as she was busy staring at his Adidas jacket that he left at Areum's home.

She bit her lips full of anxieties. Is this the end of their relationship? It hasn't even started yet. Does Areum have to destroy everything? These questions floated into her mind as she stares at the entrance gate.

Jungkook's black Mercedes enter the gate 10 minutes later. He steps outside of his car with his wrinkled tuxedo.

"Welcome home honey.." Y/N bitterly smiles as Jungkook ignores her. Y/N feels like a wife who was waiting for her husband that came home late because he was cheating on her.

"We need to talk Jungkook," Y/N grab his arms and turn him to face her.

"Go talk to that Taehyung guy. I don't want to talk," he turns around to go back in but Y/N's words stop him.

"At least I don't sleep at his house," Y/N retorted as Jungkook scoffs.

"W-what do you mean?" He asked her, slowly approaching her.

"You slept at Areum's place last night. Don't even try to deny Jeon Jungkook. You really know how to break me," Y/N told him as she forcefully pushes him away from her.

"I was at work last night. What are you talking about?" Jungkook asked her with his confused face, but he was telling the truth.

Although Areum persuaded Jungkook, he was busy trying to finish the works that he ends up sleeping at Yoongi's office. Knowing this well, Areum pretends like Jungkook is staying at her house to fuel Y/N's anger. Areum purposely took Jungkook's jacket that he forgot at her apartment and pretend like she spends the night, cheating on Y/N.

TO BE CONTINUE......