Ring Of Honor - The First Match

The following morning wasn't the usual at all with Y/N waking up in his hotel room all on his own. He was used to have someone around whenever the sun was already up. Usually Dakota, Rhea or Tegan were with him, but since he went on this trip on his own, neither of them were there to keep him company. Y/N groaned as he sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. The mattress was feeling a bit too stiff for his liking, but there wasn't much he could do about it, so the young man got up and did his usual routine of taking a shower, brushing his teeth and getting dressed. It was like this every single day since he went to school, unless there was something important going on that needed his full attention right from the get go. He looked into the mirror with a slightly annoyed expression on his face.

Y/N:" So, you wreck. Had a good night?"

Y/N then laughed shortly about that and then picked out his clothes for the day. Not that he was going to dress in something flashy or fancy like a suit or something, that would be a very dumb decision. He was about to meet up with the bosses of a wrestling promotion, sure, but this occasion didn't call for a tuxedo or anything to be honest. A nice, clean shirt, some good pants and proper shoes were going to be enough and so, Y/N got himself ready for whatever may have come his way in general. Fortunately the hotel was bustling as much as it was the night before. The so called 'upper class' was out already for the most part, so nobody would annoy Y/N on his was down and out. Of course some others still looked at him like he was some outsider who didn't belong with them, but he didn't pay them no mind at all as he exited and got right into his car. This was one of the few places he felt at home. The Toyota has been through a lot with him, they were almost inseperable from one another at this point. Y/N leaned into his seat, strapped himself in and carefully got out of his parking spot to make his way to the arena. He also switched the radio on to have a bit of entertainment.
---------------------------------------------------------

The feeling of arriving at a new work place was weird for Y/N since he was out of the whole thing for a few months by now and, to be honest, the size of the arena didn't sooth him down either. A lot of new people to meet, a lot of things to learn and a lot of rules to follow. He took a deep breath and steadied himself before getting out of the car with a bag full of what might become his wrestling outfit for a while. It wasn't easy to make his way towards the big building, his steps were heavy, but a little shaky too because Y/N didn't know what would happen to him. He could hear that there were already a few preperations going on for the coming night, such as putting the electronics up or putting the ring together. Just then, a big man with a very serious look on his face caught Y/N's attention.

???:" Hey, you there. What business do you have hear?"

Y/N:" I'm here for a meeting with the board of directors because I will have a tryout match today."

???:" Excuse me, but you barely look the part. I mean sure, you're big and have some muscle, but I don't think that you can actually wrestle."

Y/N:" Looks can be very deceiving. So...can you guide me to the office maybe?"

Brody:" Sure, take a left turn and then the fourth door on the right. I'm Brody King by the way."

Y/N:" Y/N L/N. Nice to m---"

Brody:" Oh, I heard about you. Some people from the senior staff mentioned that an old friend had a called. I didn't know what to expect, but I hope you're ready for this."

Y/N:" I will be once I settled in. Thanks for the help. Guess I'll be seeing you later."

The two said each other goodbye for now and Y/N finally made his way to where Brody said he should go. A lot of the other employees watched him carefully with every step he made because he would be working with them in the future and first impressions were always important. He passed a few smaller groups of people who were talking about many different things, some were nice, others not so much. Whatever happened today was going to impact Y/N's career in one way or another. A big botch or a complete shit show could fuck up everything for the young man, so he did his very best to let these thoughts die. The halls in the arena were not really a point of focuss, but Y/N had to get out of the cycle of thinking he might not fit. Tonight was gonna be his first taste of actually having a wrestling match. Fortunately for him, Brody gave him the right directions and so he was standing right in front of the office of the owners of ROH: David Smith of the Sinclair Broadcast Group and Joe Koff, the COO of ROH. That was the biggest cause of the nervousness in Y/N at the moment because those two men were the mightiest higher ups he ever met so far and one wrong sentence or move could've made or broke his career completely. Y/N was focussed, he got himself together and knocked on the door a few times. It took a lot out of him, but when a 'Come In' rang in his ears, he opened the door and walked in as confident as he could.