Ring Of Honor - Promo Time

It was now the third week of Y/N's stay with ROH and so far, he had nothing to complain about. Everyone has been very kind and helpful with everything they could offer to the young man who already rose well in terms of popularity. What the crowd had seen from him was a good start, but the real hit was still missing. That was until Y/N pitched an idea to the creative team and so everyone was at the arena, curious as to what he would do in terms of gimmicks. The world was full of different interpretations, whether heels, faces or tweeners who went around. This was every person's game up to this point, but Y/N knew exactly how to play. That was why he requested dimmed lights, two chairs and a blank Poker table for what he was about to do. The other thing he needed, apart from this setup was a deck of cards and he got it due to an assistant who quickly grabbed one from a story near the arena. It was all coming together perfectly as Y/N brushed his hair out of his face and got into the intended spot before getting confirmation from the producers. On the Go signal, he sat down in his chair, facing the camera.

Y/N:" This world, populated by egotistical, maniacle, greedy idiots who try to save us. Morals, rules, believe is thrown out the window. Everyone wants to play their games with one another, but...they forgot a very important thing: It won't be them winning."

Y/N clapped once and the room was now bathed in a pale blue light as a sinister smile decorated his face.

Y/N:" I'm not holding you all back or anything. All I need is someone who accepts my challenge and joins me for a card game.*

He then revealed the deck he was given and put one card after the other all along the table.

Y/N:" I'll tell you one simple thing, everybody. This might be a game to you and all, but there's no hope for anyone winning. You see, those cards: they have very different meanings to everything you actually think you know. And your fate is decided by picking one of them. We don't play by official rules, we play by my rules. I win and you lose. That's all there is to it. Simple, right?...I offer everyone to come by and stop for a bit of chit chat. If it's gonna end well, we have to see what you pick. Until then, The Dealer is waiting..."

Y/N took one of the aces and held it right at his left eye, still grinning widely as the camera soon cut away. The small crowd that was gathered behind the producers began to clap at what just happened and so, Y/N began to blush slightly since this was just the first of his promos ever. It was said that it would be shown tonight after the second match to give the people a bit of a better understanding of what Y/N was about. The gimmick was a fresh, new addition to what currently existed. It wasn't the usual wacky weirdo, this was serious. Of course it needed time to grow, so everyone could get to know it with whatever they have. Y/N took a swig from a water bottle and calmed himself down a bit from that. It wasn't easy for him to be in front of a camera, talking that way to people who had exceedingly high expectations. A wrestling crowd was never easy to please in general, so every word had to hit the right spot or else people gave up before someone even had a real chance to get started.
---------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, Y/N was watching everything very closely from the matches to the interviews and promos all over to what the commentary team was talking about. Currently a match between Flip Gordon and Matt Taven was about to come to an end and everyone who followed ROH recently knew that Matt was the world champion until a little while ago. The Kingdom was no more which meant all three members went their own ways. Matt tried to get back to the top, TK was just having fun and took every match as it went, Vincent Marseglia however, he really brought himself upwards. After he was joined by Tyler Bateman, Ring Of Honor was never the same. It was now his playground, it was now his domain. And Vincent proved that time and time again by either delivering amazing promos or decimating his opponents. Y/N heard a lot about all three of them, but his attention wasn't on them just yet. It wasn't on anyone in particular at the moment, just on the screen in front if him where his promo was finally presented to the crowd and the viewers at home. Taking in his own words and body language, he just stood back and analyzed himself over and over again, not noticing Cheeseburger to join his side. It was a weird little connection, but it worked as well as they could make it work after not even a month of working with each other. Cheeseburger smiled as he watched along with Y/N who was in deep thought if what to do for the next time. This was just a snippet of what might have been possible for the entirety of this gimmick and he knew that.

When the promo was over, Y/N was about to walk off until he finally noticed his friend beside him.

Cheeseburger:" A little jumpy today, aren't you?"

Y/N:" Where the hell did you just pop out of?"

Cheeseburger:" I'd give a medicalexplaination to you, but that's definitly not what you wanna hear. I stood next to you since your promo started and listened to all you said."

Y/N:" And what do you think?"

Cheeseburger:" It was very cool, not gonna lie. Instead of some wicked wonderland type of thing, you're keeping it real and to the point. 'The Dealer' Y/N L/N. It has a nice ring to it."

Y/N:" You think so?"

Cheeseburger:" I'm positive."

Y/N:" That's all the confirmation I need to keep going then. I knew this would pay off sooner or later."

Cheeseburger:" Glad to help. I can't wait for what you have in store."

Y/N:" I don't really have a clue on that yet, but I'll figure things out on the go. This is my baby and I will carry it until I can walk no more."

Cheeseburger:" And that passion is what I wanna see from you every day of the week. You got a drive, man. Use it well."

Y/N:" I will. You won't even know what hit you."

That was Y/N's call to go and set out into the city that was his temporary home for as long as his ROH contract would go. This wasn't just a matter of will and determination. This was a commitment and it needed all the attention it could get, so Y/N took his stuff, got to his car and drove off once the show was done.

-------------------------------

A shorter one this time around, but I wanted to give you at least something that's at least halfway done instead of leaving you all with nothing again. I'm sorry for the long wait, everybody. I hope I can return to a bit more frequent writing, so everything moves on well.

Thank you for your time. Stay awesome.
--------------------------