Chapter 12 : No Doubts

It is almost a week since I stayed here in the Jeons' house. At first, I had to lie, again, to Jungkook that I'll just grab some clothes from our house which happens to be in the other town. But in fact, it is just next doors.

His dad messaged him saying that he'll be extending his stay in San Francisco, so that means my stay here will probably be longer than just a week. Which is quite a favor for me, since I get to be with Jungkook.

Although his dad referred to me as his babysitter for a while, that is not how Jungkook treats me. Just like what he said, the word 'companion' is obviously better than being called as a babysitter of a man who is older than you by a year.

He doesn't ask me to do things for him. My only role in here is like I'm only just a friend who visits him for a while, hence the reason why he referred to me as a companion.

Contrary to what everyone might think, he is actually the one who is taking care of me, he asks me what I want to drink, to eat, to do and many more.

Out of curiosity, I asked him why he keeps asking me about things like that. But hearing his answer tore my heart into pieces. He said he knows how boring it is to stay inside a house and do nothing for days, he felt burdened that I might get tired and realize how it sucks to have a friend like him.

I didn't get a chance to give a reply to what he said, but for me, it is actually the opposite of what he told me. Everyday with Jungkook was never not exciting for me, even if we are only allowed to spend the rest of our days inside these four corners of their house, I wouldn't mind at all. Having him as a friend is inspiring too, he's very considerate, reliable, understanding and gorgeous. I feel like I don't deserve a friend like him, especially now that I am continuously deceiving him.

"Hey, Jungkook," I called his attention, the moment he was about to go inside the kitchen for more juice.

He turned around and raised an eyebrow, his hands holding two empty glasses. "Are you sure you're not allowed to go out? I mean, not allowing you to go out is my main mission here, but why?"

You are all probably thinking that I'm so sly and cunning about asking that question even though I already knew the answer. But I want him to trust me, if he will not tell me the truth, then it's fine. I just want to see if I'm already someone in his life who can know such things about him.

"Oh, uhm... I got into an accident before, and that made dad that way about me. It's a long story." He shrugged it off.

Ouch.

Knowing that he still doesn't trust me hurts, but we'll come to that point.

"So if that was your main mission here, are there any other missions that I should know?" He smirked, and I swear, it made my knees wobble.

"Just the usual babysitting stuffs," I answered. "Saying babysitting is so weird dude."

"Why's that?" His brows started to knit together.

"Well, it sounds girly." I hesitated to answer. That's not a good reply to that answer, especially on my part.

"Well, there are babysitters who are men too."

"Yeah, got your point." It is all I managed to say, and with that, he headed inside the kitchen.

I sighed, and I continued to play with the channels on the television. What I said was a wrong move.

Instead of doing nothing, I decided to just take a bath and went inside the room (where I'm currently staying) to grab my clothes.

Contrary to everyone's beliefs I still use garments for women underneath these men's clothes. I don't think I can go beyond that point.

I just make sure that I fix my stuffs properly so that when Jungkook suddenly wonders around here in the guest room, I'm safe.

As soon as I got out of the room, I heard Jungkook calling my name. "Deonne!"

"Yes?" I yelled back.

"Can you get my phone in my room?"

"Okay!" Without further ado, I climbed upstairs. It's not like the first time that I'm going inside his room.

The moment I put my foot inside Jungkook's room, my eyes immediately saw his phone on the bedside table. Looking at how neat his room is, he is definitely very different from the other guys. Not that I have many guy friends, but if I'm going to base the differences from our relatives (which is a household full of the descendants of Adam) in Olympia, Jungkook's room is better.

After doing what Jungkook asked me to do, I immediately went down and out of nowhere I suddenly tripped and missed a single step on the stairs causing a cramp on my right leg.

"Ow!" I can't contain the pain coming from it. I want to be silent, but I'm involuntarily hissing because of it. "Shit, shit."

"Hey, Deonne! Are you alright?" Just at the moment, Jungkook was already in the living room he perfectly witnessed dumb I am. He quickly came for my aid and asked what's wrong. He noticed that I was slightly twisting my ankle, so he removed my hand and massaged it for me instead.

"Does it hurt here?" He questioned and I nodded. "What were you thinking? Running along the corridors and stairs are dangerous. I thought schools should have taught you that."

"They did, I was just really naughty when I was a kid."

"You mean, until now right?" He asked and I can't help but to answer him with an embarrassed smile.

As soon as the pain slowly fades, he helped me get up and sit comfortably on the couch.

"Thanks," I said.

"It looks like I'll be the one babysitting you?" He smirked.

"No way dude." I refused, but as soon as he saw my reaction he laughed at me.

"I'm just kidding. Anyways, when I heard a loud thump on the staircase I thought someone else was here, turns out it was only you." He shared, and it sent a mini heart attack to me.

"Why do you say so?" I nervously interrogated.

"I thought it was a girl's voice. But I guess my ears were just a bit off." I'm glad that instead of doubting, he just shrugged it away.

"Yeah, I think you should get your ears cleaned up dude." I joked.

"I think you should get your brain work dude." He fires back, mimicking me "Be careful next time, I don't want to babysit, it's not my ideal job." He said and with that, he told me that he is gonna get an ice pack inside the kitchen.

Well, it's just another day that I, Deanna, survived.

so far, any thoughts?