Chapter 39 : Selfless & Selfish

Jungkook woke me up in the morning to get ready and go to the police station with him. I told him that I'm still not feeling well so he went alone.

I'm not lying, I still feel horrible. The rain, cold weather, and the scheme of the she-devil last night gathered all together to make me feel so sick. Physically and emotionally.

Jungkook promised me that he will not disclose my identity to the police. He said the he will file a case, and that made me sense relief.

Now that Jungkook and his dad are out of the house, I slowly grabbed my wet clothes that I cautiously compiled on one corner inside a plastic bag.

Wobbling, I went down the kitchen and used the back door of their house to get out. I went straight home and changed into my own clothes.

I laid down on my bed and stared at the empty ceiling. I'm supposed to have my shift at the bar right now but I can't go. Exactly, my phone rang and Yana's name flashed on the screen. "Hey," Is all I managed to say.

"Where are you? You're late again." She hissed.

"At the house, I'm not feeling well. I caught a fever last night." I coughed.

"Oh... okay, I'll just tell my brother, get well soon." She sweetly said but there's a hint of worry in her voice. I ended the call after that and continued looking at the oblivion.

If Jungkook didn't come last night, what would've happened? Am I supposed to be dead right now? Will she even kill me? I mean, she know me for weeks and I never thought she'll do such a mean thing. She would've killed me.

One thing is for sure, my identity will be exposed. Jungkook will hate me.

It's a good thing that my parents are coming home during the New Year, I'm obligated to stay at home. But before that, a bucket of lectures from them will enter my ears first.

I miss them.

This wouldn't happen if I just stayed in my lane. If I just continued loving him from a distance, I wouldn't get assaulted, I would not meet the devil herself. I would not meet Jungkook.

But if I didn't, he'll stay fearful for the rest of his lives. Was it really me who helped him? I don't know what to believe in anymore.

An hour passed by when someone rings the doorbell. I tried so hard to sleep but it didn't want me. Grabbing a jacket to protect me from the cold weather outside, I walked downstairs to see who is at the porch.

Once I opened the door I saw Yana freezing out there with a goodies in her hands. Out of joy, I abruptly hugged her which she didn't mind.

I'm not alone.

"I figured you might need someone to talk to." She said, hugging me back. "But we should go inside, you're on fire." She breaks away and I just smiled.

Water is starting to brim at the corners of my eyes, "What happened on your head?" She asked once she sat on the single couch.

"Long story," I bitterly smiled.

"That's why I'm here. I left work today to talk and take care of you. Now, spill the tea." She crossed her legs.

"I... Jungkook's aunt, she uh, hurt me and tried to do me dirty." I looked down.

I told her everything that happened last night, including the stuff Jungkook and I, talked about in his bedroom and I can't help but cry while I'm doing it. She then sits next to me and wrapped her arms around me.

Jungkook is right, I'll regret not sending her into the prison.

"Seeing that you're not afraid of me means you do not have gynophobia, so I'm guessing you're afraid of something else." She said.

"I'm not. I hate her Yana and I hate myself too for being so stupid." I sniffed. "I never should've pulled out a prank like this. I ended up hurting myself." I added.

"Stop blaming yourself. You pretended to be someone that you're not but what that skank did is entirely her fault, okay?" She comforts me through words and I just nodded at her.

She told me to lay down on the couch while she makes soup in the kitchen. I turned on the television to divert my thoughts for a while but Alice In Wonderland is playing on the only channel I love to watch to so I had to turn it off.

Everything reminds me of him.

As if it was on cue, my annoying ringtone sounds and I saw Jungkook's wacky face showed on the screen of my phone.

He is probably looking for me.

A minute after I ignored his call, he sent a voicemail instead. "Hey, tell me you sneaked back into your home and that you're not freezing outside. Call me when you receive this."

And another one.

"I'm worried, really worried."

I tossed my phone on the side and closed my eyes to forget about what he said.

"Deanna! Jungkook messaged me." I peaked and Yana coming out from the kitchen holding a bowl of something.

"What did he said?" I said, sighing.

"Well, I told him that you're with me and asked if everything's fine, so I said yes."

"That's it?"

"Oh! He also told me that he found a lawyer and the court trials will begin soon." She informed me and she was completely lost about what she was talking about.

"That fast?" I arched a brow.

"I don't know." She shrugged. At first, she wanted to feed me her soup but then I told her that I can eat on my own.

It was a great thing that Yana went here for today. I would be forever thankful for her. She helped me divert my thoughts by sharing lots of juicy gossips in their university. Some are highly confidential but most of them are just stories of unfortunate events.

She also told me a story circling around their university about how Jimin and Iris ended. Apparently, they're both cheating on each other and none of them cared.

"So what happened between Yoongi and you?" I asked.

"You know he hates me, why are you even asking?" She giggled and my face dropped.

"How did you know?"

"He already told me that long ago. Since you're friends with him, I figured that you already know. Especially when you tried to convince me that he is not worth it." A bitter smile was painted on her lips.

"Then why are you..."

"Why do I still like him?" Her eyes pop up. "Wrong, I mean, why do I still love him, is that your question?"

I nodded.

"I don't need him to love me back, Deanna. All I want is for him to let me love him as long as I want." She blinks her eyes and then we both flinched when she dropped her spoon on the floor. "I'll just wash this for a bit." She says and went back to the kitchen.

Can a person be really that selfless?

If yes, then I'm selfish. What's wrong for wanting more from the person you love the most?