Chapter 23 : Forget

Deanna's POV

Every night I can hear Jungkook's screams from my window, only that they are quite muffled. I thought I'd made him better but instead, his condition right now seems to be the worst.

For a few days, I noticed Mr. Sanders coming in and out of the Jeon's house. I don't know what's happening there right now but I'm really worried about him.

Jungkook grew in me. Right before I officially met him in person, I never thought a day will come that I will crave for his attention, laughs, and company.

But I have to fight those urges, I'm not healthy for him. Maybe his mind doesn't fear me since he knows that I'm a man, but his instincts would tell him otherwise. These effects on him might be his instincts' self-defense.

As much as possible I don't want to stay close to him anymore.

Jungkook and his dad has been calling me for days and I'm casually ignoring it like it doesn't affect me. There's this one time that Mr. Jeon knocked on our door and of course, I have to pretend like I'm the silly and troublesome daughter of his neighbor so I dressed up as a clown (well not literally) to disguise.

He gave me new packs of the same chocolates he gave to me when he thought that my name is Deonne. Now I feel so guilty having six.

Through their voicemails, I knew that they thought I was enjoying our family trip in Malibu and they're wrong.

I've been enjoying a wondrous roller coaster ride towards my own personal hell.

Since I got out of the Jeon's house I just stayed inside. I still have supplies to last me more days inside our house without going out. But I have to admit, I never felt so bored in here. Because I have this sudden urges to see Jungkook, I practiced not be my old-window-stalker self.

Sighing, I just jumped out of my bed on my way to make breakfast when I heard another scream. I stopped at my tracks, I wanted to look but I need to ignore it.

I hurried my way down the kitchen and focus myself on cooking as much as possible. The moment I was done cooking, I finished everything in an instant.

As much as I can, I want to divert my mind with other topics. I want to get rid of it for a while, just for a while.

But I can't. Images of Jungkook keeps popping inside my head like my own mind is trying to piss me off. If this continues, I'm really gonna try taking my brain off.

Squealing, I laid down on our couch after eating and watch some movies on the television. Baywatch is currently playing and I wished I have the same body as Alexandra Daddario or even Kelly Rohrbach, how can life be so unfair?

I suddenly realized that it was so long since I've seen a real female on the television.

Jungkook tends to watch more cartoons since there's no real women in there and when one comes at a scene, I can see him forcing himself to watch it.

But, wait? Why am I thinking of him again?

Muffling my scream using a throw pillow, I turned off the television.

I need to do something or else I'll lose my mind.

=====

So I decided to go out with sunglasses on. I hailed a cab to drive me to Robson Square. If I really need to take things off of my mind for a while, I have to be in a place where a lot of things can distract me.

It will be really nice if I have a friend to go with, but since I'm independent slash socially awkward, all I have is myself.

It's not yet winter so ice skating is here is not free. Realizing that my mom and dad enjoy in Forks for four months, I perceived that I'll be alone at Christmas, which sucks since it'll be the first time.

So my goal right now is not to be lonely during the said occasion. Then I should be looking for my new parents.

Kidding, my mom will kill me. This is maybe a sign that I should find myself a real friend.

I was walking without any plans where I'll stop but then I stumbled upon a very cozy bar. I rarely drink and I hate the smell of alcohol, but I could use one shot right now.

I entered the place and since it is still early, only a few people are hanging around. I approached the barmaid in front and ordered something.

"Excuse me? I'll have one bloody mary." I smiled at her.

"At this early hour?" She asked.

"Kinda needed to." I nod and smiled. A few minutes later she arrived with my drink.

"So, what is it? Boy problem?" She asked again while wiping the cocktail shaker that she used. She reminds me of Hoseok. I was a bit surprised that she sees I'm a girl but my heart earrings were a clue.

"Yep. I'm a little bit weird for someone like him." I chuckled as I deliver my confession.

"It's okay. Everybody needs a little bit of weird in their life." She smirks. I looked at her nameplate and it says Yana.

"Well, it's your opinion Yana, not mine." I sipped on my drink and sigh. There is really no way for me to take Jungkook off of my mind.

I really need a break.

"You do?" She suddenly questions. Did I say that out loud?

"Well if you need some time to take your mind off of that guy then why don't you apply here?" She suggests.

"You're hiring?" I asked. "Wait, are you the boss?"

"Nah. It's my brother's I only wanted for some experience." She explains. "But I'd love to have someone I can talk to while we both work, what do you say?" She reaches for my hand as she asks for my name.

"Deanna, call me Deanna." I shake her hand gently while she smiled at me.

"Just tell me your whole name, which university and I'll do the rest." She assured me. She seems really friendly.

"But I'm only free for a month, I have to go back to study at Washington."

"It's okay, I'll talk to my brother." She winked at me.

I beamed timidly at her. Maybe this place will help me forget. I don't mind being physically tired, I'd rather be it than suffer emotionally.