Chapter 27 : Day One

"Hello?" It's still five in the morning and receiving a phone call from Yana made it even more annoying. "I swear if this is not important-"

"The pub is close today, just wanna let you know." She rudely ends the call and I didn't mind, at least she brought good news.

I placed my phone beside my digital clock on the bedside table and drifted to sleep once more.

Then my phone rings, again.

I grabbed it and answered it immediately. "What now?!" I shrilled.

"Woah, dude. You sound royally pissed."

"Who is this?" I scratched the back of my head in irritation. Why are people calling me early in the morning? I rolled on my bed with my phone on my hand before sitting down.

"Oh, it's Yoongi I asked Jungkook for your number." He introduced and all I did was nod.

I hate speaking in the morning.

"I hope you're listening. Anyways-"

"Listening..." I cut him off in a not-so-enthusiastic voice.

"I was wondering if you could tell your boss if I can host another party at their bar again? As much as possible I want it today."

"I'll give you Yana's phone number. You two, talk." I said and I was about to end the call when he yelled.

"No! I don't like talking to your friend." He honestly confessed and he got there my attention.

"Really? If this is about the cake I can tell her not to-"

"I don't like her Deonne. I actually wanted you to help me say that to her." He frankly said.

"But why? Yana is a very kind-hearted person, she can make you laugh and feel loved. So why?" I whined. I might sound like a baby but I don't care. Yana really likes Yoongi and I promised her that I'll help her with him.

"I'm not up for things like that." He laughed and anger rises inside of me.

"So about the party, the bar is close today," I said, changing the topic. He sounds really careless with his words despite the fact that he knew that he was talking about my friend.

If he is not going to put my friend's feelings at least for consideration then I should warn Yana about him. He's not worth it.

He is Jungkook's friend and partly mine too, but I have to protect my very first decent friend.

"Oh. How about tomorrow?"

"Sure. Once I asked, I'll tell Jimin or Taehyung, they're always drinking there." I suggested. It's true, it seems like they live there. Every day and every night they drink like there's no tomorrow, especially Jimin who has an astounding tolerance of alcohol.

"Uh nah. Not dumb and dumber." He replied.

"Okay..." Is all I managed to say.

"Just call me. Thanks, see you around." With that, he ended the call.

Now, how will say to a person that the person she likes, doesn't like her?

=====

I already asked Jungkook for Mr. Sanders' phone number and messaged him that I'll be arriving earlier today. Although I have the entire day for this so-called Therapies With Fine Arts Major Dr. Deonne, I needed rest and peace.

I have to practice myself not to show any signs of weakness in front of him, specifically, awe, concern or any feelings that will lead me downhill. I have to throw them all out of the window.

Deonne Fray is a very busy man and he doesn't want his priorities getting tangled up. Now that I'm a student who is currently on a break, a barmaid... bartender or whatever, and a therapist wannabe, I created a schedule for everything that I need to do.

In the morning until eight in the evening, I'm at the bar. So my daily two hour therapies with Jungkook will be done around eleven.

I talked to Mr. Sanders and learned about Exposure Therapies. Apparently, all I have to do is expose him to stuff related to women. It could be anything, photos, videos, clothes or any other paraphernalia.

To provoke his phobia even more.

Makes sense.

That's why it doesn't work.

There are more therapies out there that they already tried. They're too complicated so I'm sticking with the former, no matter how ridiculous it is.

I grabbed my DVDs and went out of the house.

=====

"So for today, we're going to watch a movie with female lead casts." I showed him the DVD case of 'How To Be Single' and he looked away.

"Isn't it a bit too early for that?" Jungkook questions. His gaze is still on the floor.

I approached him and lifted his chin using my right arm. "You trust me right?" I can feel him trembling a bit. "Hey, it'll be fine." I smiled.

He forced a nod and I proceeded to his television. I opened the DVD player and placed the CD. I sat on the side with the remote control in my hand.

As soon as the movie started, I turned to look at Jungkook and what Mr. Sanders told me was right.

He is fond of closing his eyes.

I paused the film and went over to him. I held his face with both of my hands and I tapped it continuously. "Open your eyes sergeant!" I demanded.

"Can't you just talk to me first, like guy to guy or something?" He suggests. His eyes are still closed and his face mushed inside my hands as he fights his way out.

He's really cute.

Argh, scratch that.

"And what? You're gonna say I'm fine with every question I asked? Man, you're not fine, so we'll do this the soldier style." I explained. "Plus, I've been told that you're a very naughty kid during therapies and I don't tolerate behaviors like that. So open your eyes." I sounded like an angry mom.

This time he followed, I saw his pupils dilated when he saw the screen but I caught his attention first. "We're not gonna stop this movie not until you laughed at Rebel Wilson or whoever you want to. Understand?" He nods with his face on my hands.

I just realized how weird my gesture was.

Deanna, keep it together! He's not a pet bunny.

I removed my hands from him and sat on his bed instead. If he violates my terms, I have to immediately take action and being next to him will do the job faster.

Or my inner hoe just wants to act up.

This is frustrating.

"Why?" Jungkook suddenly asked, looking at me. I said something out loud again.

"Because I need a snack." Lie. I made sure I'm not going to think or speak anything until this movie ends. My focus should be entirely on the movie and Jungkook's progress.

Jungkook bends down and looked under his bed. When he sat straight, he handed me a bag of dried seaweeds. "Here." He smiles.

I rolled my eyes at him and just grabbed it. "What are you looking at? Watch the show." I instructed.

Don't look at me like that, I'm already six feet down from falling for you.

We finished the movie in half an hour and from what I've noticed he achieved to laugh and smile at times. There are some mature scenes on the screen and I felt a little uncanny watching it with him.

There are still moments where he trembles and looks terrified. Of course, I was there to guide him. For now, I think Jungkook and Deonne did a great job for today's therapy.

While Deanna is a pain in the ass for involving unnecessary emotions throughout the entire therapy slash movie watching period.

Nevertheless, day one is a success.