Chapter 20 : Looks Of A Monster

Deanna's POV

"Hello?" My mom answered, she just probably woke up.

"Mom! It's me!" I hissed. As soon as Jungkook told me this morning that information (which probably came from his dad) I was anxious the whole day. I was thinking of a way on how I can get there without Jungkook knowing.

It's two in the morning and I managed to sneak out of the Jeon's house. "Deanna!" My mom squeaked, it was the first time someone called me by my real name. "Where have you been? It was the first time I initiate a call and you were not answering any of it. I've been calling you for three days." She sounds mad.

"In my room." I briefly answered.

"For three days?" The tone of her voice raises. "What? Deanna Justine Foster, did you moved the refrigerator in your room that you can't even go down in the living room?"

"What? No! Mom, you could've just called my phone number." I rolled my eyes, if she saw me do that, I'll be dead meat.

"It means you're not in the house, where did you go, young lady? Tell me the truth." She demands and when I was about to answer I heard dad's voice asking who mom is talking too and she said my name.

"Tell the truth, Deanna." My dad took over the phone.

"Okay, okay. I went hiking." I sighed. "At Garabaldi Lake, it's where you've been to before," I said.

"You hate hiking." My dad said in a confused tone.

"I was bored."

"I'm not believing you." My mom snarks.

"I'll send you a picture if that's what you want, just let me sleep first okay?" I asked them. I still haven't got sleep since I was making sure that the coast is clear before I go out of bed.

"You're the one that woke us up." Mom remarked.

"I know. I'm fine, okay? Stop calling Mr. Jeon for things like this, call my phone number instead." I emphasize the last words. I know they are used to calling the home telephone rather than my phone in situations like this, but since I'm on a cover-up, they need to break the habit.

"Okay, okay." My mom sighed. "Make sure you'll send a photo or we'll come back there at this instant."

"Sure. I'll call you again later." I hanged up the call and immediately went out using the back door.

My head is in a daze, I really need sleep. I hurried back inside the Jeon's house and as soon as I got onto my bed I closed my eyes until I arrived to dreamland.

=====

The knocks on the door alongside Jungkook's voice woke me up. I checked my phone and it's already two in the afternoon.

I think I overslept.

I quickly jumped off of my bed and opened the door. "Hey," Jungkook says.

"Hey."

"I was kinda worried that you're not breathing in there anymore." Jungkook chuckled slightly.

I don't know what to say. I still want to sleep and I rarely speak words when I just woke up. "Anyways, you need to eat, there's food on the table."

"Sure. I'll just go to the bathroom first." I said and with that Jungkook left me alone in my room.

After doing my things in the bathroom, I walked towards the kitchen to grab a meal and I saw Jungkook getting a glass of mango juice.

He was about to exit the kitchen when he suddenly stopped on his tracks. "By the way Deonne, thanks for finding the neighbor's daughter." He smiled and I couldn't stop the surprised look on my face.