Chapter 45 : Who's That Girl

"What are you doing?" Jungkook said with a narrower forehead. It became our habit to eat lunch together. It's not that he is friendless, he is doing this because I am.

I always told him that I'm alright by myself but he keeps insisting. "It's for Western Art." I briefly said. I can't focus on the food in front of me. This project's due date is today and I'm still not done with it.

"I can help, you know I'm an artist too." He convinces me but my gaze is still locked on my project. "Hey, making the food wait is a bad omen." He attempted to scare me but I just snorted and looked at him.

"You think I'm going to believe that?" I huffed and smirked. Looking at him one last time, he pouted and went to stuff his mouth again with food.

I grabbed my paint palette and dipped my brush on the sage green and smudged it across my canvas. Suddenly, a pair of hands snatched my canvas which made me scowl.

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

"Eat your food, just tell me what to do." He offers and I have no choice but to accept. Unlike me, his course focuses more on science, basically more on information because he studies fitness and more things that I don't know. One thing is for sure, they don't usually do projects like mine.

I finally touched my plate and started eating my food in a hurry. "Is this an individual project?" He asks.

"Nope, we were paired." I sighed before eating another spoonful of rice.

"Then where is she?" He asked. Our table is a mess so I decided to hurry up even more.

"You mean he," I suspired. "I don't know, touring around the university while I drown myself in school works."

"Can we eat outside later? I just want to try other American food." He used his puppy eyes to convince me.

"Sure, does Melting Pot sound good to you?"

"Yeah, cool." He shows his bunny teeth in excitement.

After cleaning up my plate, I pushed it on the side and gesticulated at Jungkook that it's my turn to do it.

He passed it onto me and I breathe comfortably when I saw that he added highlights on my work. "Thanks," I said.

"No problem."

We stayed there for another thirty minutes and randomly talked about stuffs. He mostly tells me about his new friends like those guys named Jaehyun and Eunwoo. I haven't seen them yet, but I bet they are nice persons.

He also told me how he wakes up in the middle of the night in the boys' side of the dormitory building. He says that someone knocks the door and he opens it without seeing anyone outside but a box of chocolates and other stuff on the floor.

Jungkook being Jungkook, he doesn't pick it up thinking that someone might have misplaced it, dropped it, or forgot about it.

I told him to get those things when he experienced another knock at midnight so that he can share the foods with me. He, on the other hand, glowered at my idea but I still urged him.

"Does it disappear in the morning?" I ask.

"What is disappearing?"

"The chocolates and other paraphernalia," I answered while placing another masking tape on my canvas to avoid the other colors on transcending the other ones.

"It does, but new boxes come every night." He said, completely oblivious of what was it for.

"Trust me and just get the boxes," I advised.

In the end, I still haven't finished my project and it's already time for my next class. I carried my huge canvas all the way to the next room and Jungkook helped me.

While on the way, I saw my partner for this project walking towards our direction. I immediately pulled Jungkook inside an unknown room and locked ourselves in. "What are you doing?" Jungkook hissed.

When I turned around, I bumped my head on Jungkook's chest. "Ah!" I winced and looked up at him.

I was startled on how close we are. I can feel myself suffocating from his scent and melt with the touch of his hot breathing.

My heart rate increases and I mentally scold it to do its job slowly. "Why did you do that?" He asked again.

"I just saw an enemy outside," I almost said in a whisper. "Believe me you don't want to mess with him." It was a lie since Jungkook's body is way more enormous than my partner. He could totally kick him out of his university in one flick of his fingers.

"Where are we?"

"Stock room," I briefly answered.

What I'm worried about right now is when my partner might call me by my real name in front of Jungkook and the next possible scenes after that would definitely be unpleasant for me. "I'll check outside, stay here," I instructed.

Carefully, I turned around and opened the door a little. I saw my classmate, Josh talking to a bunch of guys. While secretly spying at them, I watched how they eventually walked away.

I took a deep breath before opening the door wide and getting out. "What is his name?" The guy on my left questioned.

"Just some random stranger," I shrugged his question off. "Meet me downstairs after class?"

"No, I'll just meet you here." He contradicted.

"Sure,"

We both parted ways after a short predicament. I did my best to continue doing our project while having a different class.

I need to finish it or else it'll be marked incomplete later. It was hard not to be obvious about doing something else in a class, especially if that thing is as huge as your upper body.

Two hours passed and it's time for me to pass our project. I swear I'm going to kill Josh for not helping me with anything.

Luckily when I entered the room, our professor is still not present. So, I continue moving my hand up and down with a paintbrush towards the canvas.

But a minute after that, our professor came in and we all had no choice but to pass it. I glared at my partner who is comfortably living the best of his life on a chair with headphones on his ears.

I told myself not to worry because along with the project, I wrote a letter that my partner did not help me with anything at all.

Our last class was spent judging the art made by our classmates. It's just an activity for us to participate, our professor still has the say in it about our grades.

When the clock hit five, I immediately went outside of the room to look for Jungkook.

Only to see him talking to a girl around our age.

I observed that she is pretty skinny in a hot way, big boobs and butt, her hair has curly ends, and she is currently wearing a sports bra and tights. They must've came from a gym class or something.

But what is more infuriating is that they're both laughing about what they're talking about. My jealousy skyrocketed although I know that I have no reason to feel this way.

I continued watching them in a distance for five minutes straight until Jungkook's eyes got lost in mine for a second and noticed that I'm already waiting for him.

I saw how he said his goodbyes to the woman before jogging his way in my direction.

"Who's that girl?" I asked, just out of curiosity.

"Oh, her name is Vanessa." He starts and I just bopped my head to the sound of hidden jealousy inside my mind.

"I think I just found myself a girlfriend."