Chapter 31 : Picture Perfect

"You have to shade that side too." I pointed him the part where I think it needs to be enhanced.

By the look on Jungkook's face, I can see that he is slowly becoming tensed. Tonight, our agenda is to sketch our dark pasts into an elegant piece of art.

I had to join because I don't want to watch his every move while he draws. But that's what I'm doing involuntarily.

His perfect and gentle hands brushing against the white paper moves like a metronome that makes my heartbeat steady and calm. The way he would bite his lower lip when he did a mistake creates a wondrous feeling inside my body.

He is almost perfect.

"Okay." He beams at me, and every time that he did, my heart would always pump a hundred times faster in a second.

He just told me that I look like a doll earlier. Does that mean I look pretty in his eyes? Is it something that I should be glad for?

Or maybe he said that because I look like Ken instead of Barbie?

But whatever his reason was, calling me a doll made me feel delighted.

Although he suggested that I go to the barbershop and get a new haircut, I told myself not to. This thing with Jungkook will end eventually and I will get back to my normal life. I don't want my hair to remind me of the things I did to him and did for him.

"What song do you like?" I ask and grabbed my phone on the table, ready to play whatever he will say.

"Anything sung by a man." He answers.

"That's not a song." I pouted. Instead of answering he just continued doing his work. "C'mon, it might help you from indulging your fear instead of thinking about it without worry." I persisted.

"Just play anything." He coldly replies and I sighed. I opened my phone and scrolled down to my All Men's Playlist and shuffle-played it. Justin Bieber's 'Intentions' begins so I placed my phone back on the table.

The beat of the song made me more energetic as I sketch. I looked over at Jungkook and realized that he knows the song when I heard him humming to it.

The lyrics 'picture perfect' describes him so much. The way the light from the window shines behind him emphasizes every beautiful piece the heavens combined to create such a masterpiece like him.

Having the song played boosted up my mood and I can see Jungkook bopping his head along with the rhythm while doing his activity so I guess my suggestion worked.

The three-minute song finally ended and my ears anticipated what is coming next. The first tune was a sound of a guitar and I swear it sounds familiar to me.

When I heard Tori Kelly's voice my forehead furrowed. I didn't put her 'Dear No One' on this playlist, especially when I intended it to only have male artists.

I picked up my phone in an attempt to stop but to my surprise, Jungkook stops my arm from reaching it. "Don't stop it. I'm fine with it." He says.

I just slowly nodded while he gets back to his work and so do I.

My hand was put on a halt when I heard him singing along.

This song apparently depicts the singlehood of a person but they still anticipate the day when they finally got someone to love.

Being afraid of the opposite sex, Jungkook must've thought about his future sometimes. Will he have a family of his own? A girlfriend or a wife?

I've been observant of his every move since we were kids, and so far, I haven't seen signs that could tell differently of his gender.

But we never know.

After an hour, we both finished our arts. Jungkook volunteers to go first and explain what his drawing means. I give him a smile to encourage him so it could at least ease his emotions towards his drawing.

On his paper, there is a boy in front, it seems like he is crying out of agony. Behind him is world molded with lips, jewelry, rainbows, and women of different types.

"I have gynophobia," He started. "It is a condition where I fear being around... women. It can be easily treated but if I get worse I might be sent to a psychiatric hospital for intensive treatment. I get anxiety attacks and if it got out of hands, I might die from it."

It was the first time he told me about his condition personally. He is now telling me how horrible the consequences of his condition never gets treated.

He could be alone.

He could die.

"It's because of my past experiences with women. My grandmother, mom, and my... aunt. They all treated me violently. Those days were the darkest parts of my life that I can't forget until now." That ends his explanation.

"Thank you for sharing." I smiled gently to him and he did the same to me. "So it's my turn," I announced.

I stood up in front of him and showed him my sketch. I drew Deonne, which is the guy version of myself with a mask on half of his face.

"The darkest part of my life is endless pretending." I started. "I... used to invent a different version of myself so that the person I love will notice me." I looked down, shame and guilt is eating me while Jungkook stares into my eyes.

"But for her sake and mine, I have to let her go. So I pretended that I don't have any feelings for her anymore. That I don't love her anymore."

That I don't love you anymore.

I smiled when I feel my eyes are starting to get cloudy. "So that's it!" I forced a laugh.

"Were you talking about that girl named Maddie?"

"Yes," I was talking about you.

"Sorry to hear that and thank you for trusting me with your story. Just like what you said, you did it for everyone's sake so don't be sad anymore." Jungkook unexpectedly stood up and hugged me.

I feel like crying on his arms.

Instead, I pushed him away and chuckled. "I'm not sad."

"Really? I can see it in your eyes." He bends down and scoots his face closer to mine, meeting my eyes at the same level.

I wanted to move back but the table is right behind me hindering my way out.

What the hell is happening?

"I'm n-ot." I stammered. He pouts before standing back straight.

"Okay, if you say so." He doesn't sound convinced. "By the way, thanks for the sketching tips." I heard his phone in his hands got connected on his Bluetooth speaker.

"No worries. In exchange, you can teach me some dancing tips." I joked then an upbeat music played.

"How about I'll teach you moves now?" He grins.

"I don't think so." I nervously laughed.

He pulled me by the arm before I can even disagree with him more.

I'm never gonna tell jokes again.

He suddenly became a dance instructor to me when he told me to follow his steps. I don't have any excuse to escape since I don't have any injury anymore.

I would always shiver whenever he touches my shoulder, head, and especially my hip to improve my stance. The electricity he transfers in my body is so much to take.

It came to the point where I should demonstrate his steps all alone and I can see him laughing at me.

At first, I frowned but hearing how lovely his laugh was, in the end, I joined him, besides I don't need to deny that I'm bad at dancing.

I wish this picture lasts long. We're happily enjoying each other's company, a picture that I think is too perfect.

Too perfect that it feels like I'm in a dream and that reality will wake me up soon.