Chapter 28 : Two In One

Today is December already and Mr. Jeon celebrates his fifty-second birthday. I was invited for a simple dinner. It's nothing grand, just me, Jungkook and his friends.

I asked for an early leave earlier and Yana was furious that she can't come along. I still haven't told her about what Yoongi and I talked about except for the party planning on the next three days.

I stopped by at some clothes shop to buy a simple shirt for Mr. Jeon. I always buy a shirt for my dad whenever it's my dad's birthday.

Personally speaking, it is difficult to give a present to a man. No matter how close you are to them, you'll never know the things they have their eyes on. They're very secretive when it comes to the things they want. So I just give them what I think they like.

After wrapping Mr. Jeon's gift, I made my way home discreetly when I noticed that the rest are already inside the Jeon's house.

I wore a simple hoodie and skinny jeans accompanied with white sneakers. Snow started falling since yesterday and it will be extremely cold outside if I only wear my polo shirts.

I still can't believe how incredibly I've morphed when I look at the mirror. I really look like a man, less the big biceps and broad shoulders.

As soon as I got ready, five minutes before eight I ran out of the house and stepped onto the Jeon's porch. Pushing the doorbell, I prepared my best smile to greet Mr. Jeon but when the door opened, my lips fell into a frown instead. "Busboy is here!" Yoongi announced.

I scowled at him but he continued smirking at me. "Is that how you say welcome?" I scoffed.

"Nah. I meant it." He teased.

"Funny. You can't even distinguish a bartender to a busboy, I pity the ants living in your brain." I fired back.

"Woah, easy. I was just kidding. Why are you so pissed at me?" He laughs placing his right arm on the doorway.

"You started it." I barked.

"Stop acting feisty bro, it's unattractive." He taunted me even more.

I was curling my fist into a ball when Mr. Jeon suddenly came into view and he saw how vexed I am. "Is something wrong?" The old man asked.

"Nothing." Yoongi suddenly slings his arm over my shoulder and I attempted to look pleased in front of the birthday celebrant.

"Happy birthday Mr. Jeon!" I walked away from Yoongi and approached Jungkook's dad with his gift on my hands.

"Oh, thank you!" He sounded really merry. After accepting my gift he pulled me into a man hug.

He keeps tapping my back and I swear I almost puked my snack earlier.

When he breaks away from the hug I faked a smile as I crinkled my eyes. "Come and eat." He guides me towards the very familiar kitchen.

I briefly turned my gaze to Yoongi and rolled my eyes.

"Deonne, you made it." Jungkook greeted as he opens his arms... for a hug?

No, no, no.

My feelings will escalate to another hundred percent if we did. "Are we supposed to hug?" I awkwardly moved away. "We just saw each other yesterday." I nervously giggled.

He didn't answer me, instead, he pulled me into a tight hug. "Nice seeing you too buddy." He said with a hint of small laughs.

He smells... edible.

What?! Damn it.

I slowly break out from his hug and smiled a little. "Dinner is ready, take a seat." Finally, I got to choose a seat which is far away from them, but Jungkook sat on my left, while Namjoon sits on the other side. Everyone got into their positions.