Chapter 60 : Afraid Of Who

Narrator's POV

The sound of the birds chirping early in the morning was not enough to make her morning better. It will just be another day where she will stare at the guy next doors like a fool through her bedroom window.

She believed he was oblivious while he believed that she is too obvious.

Counting each step she made downstairs, she arrived at the kitchen. Grabbing her breakfast from the dining table, her mother scolded her again for taking her food upstairs instead of joining her parents for breakfast.

Everyday lectures from her parents are a normal thing. Nevertheless, she still brought her breakfast upstairs to look in her window. She would rather spend her entire day inside her room than go out and socialize with other people.

Shoving the curtains, she sat by the window seat and gradually had her breakfast at the very place. This would always be her routine every time she is at home.

Lurking over the window, falling deeply in love with a man who doesn't even acknowledge her. 

Although she wanted more, everything else was simple. Her feelings for him are not that heightened. No one gets hurt and no lies are revolving around their lives.

She will always choose him over others. Not unless the choices include herself, she will always fulfill what her heart desires regardless of what the other might feel.

She is selfish and she knows that.

Things would've been better if it stayed the same. She would wish at the stars and heavens to switch back everything to the way it was, but she knew better.

Wishes rarely come true.

=====

She woke up from a dream that everything is back to normal. Sitting on her bed, she realized that she was not in her dorm. She's back home.

Noticing the monitor next to her bed, a dextrose IV connected on the nerve at the back of her hand and a huge cloth circled on her head, she remembered everything.

She remembered him.

Jumping out of bed, she abruptly removed all the tubes inserted on different parts of her body. She feels weak, but she feels the urge to see him and check if he is okay.

She fell on the floor and felt discomfort on her ankle. Her eyes immediately landed on a pair of crutches so she crawled her way to get it and to stand up successfully using it.

Looking at the digital clock placed on one of her shelves, her heartbeat quickened the moment she realized what date it is today.

The seventeenth of February.

She was out for three days.

Walking downstairs, she bumped onto her mom. "Deanna! What are you doing down here?" She was holding a basin filled with water and a clean towel hanging on her shoulder.

"I need to see Jungkook, please." She begged to her mother. But by the look on her parent's face, she is not allowed to do whatever she wants to.

"Deanna, you need to rest. You're still not feeling well." Her mother blocked her way and by the deteriorating feeling she has inside of her, she knows that she is not capable of pushing away her mother.

"Please, mom." She pleaded one more time but the old woman only looked at her with pity before calling her husband for help.

A few footsteps were heard before her father joined the scene. "Deanna, your doctor will be here any minute. Get back inside," He clings her arm over his shoulder but she refused.