Chapter 42 : We Bid Goodbyes

im having post-concert depression lmao

enjoy the update!

☆☆☆

I looked up to the sound of someone knocking on my bedroom door, "Come in!" I tell the person. I neatly placed my clothes in my luggage.

"Sweetie, here's your passport and plane ticket." She handed me an envelope containing the two things. "Do you have everything you need already?" She questioned and I nod my head.

"Should I bring my sketchpads too?" I asked for her opinion. My suitcase is almost full but I feel like I have to bring more stuff. Although most of my things are already in my dorm, I would still like to add more mess in it.

Tomorrow is my flight back to Seattle. I can't believe college is knocking on my door once again. Learning was something that I never liked. But if I really do want to become a cartoonist in the future, I have to work my ass off for a few more years.

"Why are you asking me?" My mom asked back.

"Nevermind," I stood up from my bed and walked towards my drawers where I place my sketchpads. I already have dozens of them filled with my own sketches. But there is this pad or more like a small sketchbook that got my attention.

It's empty.

And I got a brilliant idea to use the space it has. I tucked it inside the side of my luggage and now I can say that I'm ready to go for tomorrow.

"Aw, I'm going to miss you, sweetie." My mom suddenly goes in for a hug and I did the same.

"If only you tagged me along to Forks," I pouted behind her back. "Then you wouldn't miss me this much."

Then I will not miss him this much.

"I figured that you don't want to get involved with parents' business, so it was just the two of us." My mom breaks away but her hands are still on my shoulder. "Tell me, where do you want to go on your next semestral break?" She bribed.

"Maybe, Bali?" I hummed.

"Indonesia?" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, why not?" I frowned.

"Okay, we'll go there. Just bring me some good grades."

"Are you making a deal, mom? 'Cause I'm going to decline. I don't have the capability to give you good grades and you know that." I smirked before she smacks my forehead. "Ouch! What was that for?" I whined.

"Just study hard okay?" She says and I bopped my head while massaging my temple. "I'm really going to miss you," She hugs me again.

"I should say I'll miss you too, but you just slapped my fore- Ouch!" She pinched me on my waist and thankfully the bruise on it already vanished. "Fine, I'll miss you too." I huffed.

I was wrong for believing that I never had a friend not until I met Yana. My mom is not just a mother to me, she is also my first best friend and I'll be forever indebted to her.

"I'll miss you too, mom," I repeated with full sincerity.

=====

I asked my parents if they could allow me to go out for a while, but they did not give me their permission.

For Pete's sake, I'm already twenty-one!

So since they know me as their troublesome daughter, I sneaked out using the back door and I successfully got out.

I messaged Jungkook that I'm coming over. He knows that I'm going back to Seattle tomorrow and I promised him that I'll say goodbye in person.

Immediately, I knocked on their door and kept looking at our house next door if ever one of my parents get out.

After a few more knocks, Jungkook opened up the door for me and I got in without consulting him. "You seem to be in a rush?" He grins.

"A little, it's cold outside." I reasoned out.

"So, are you really going to leave tomorrow?" He started the conversation.

"Yeah," I tried my best to sound normal but sadness still escapes through my tone of voice.

"For how many months?" He asked.

"Dunno, couple of months maybe." I shrugged my shoulders off.

He sits next to me, "Are you alright? You sound-"

"What?"

"Dead?" He said with a bunny smile, "Like sad-dead."

"Well, who sound alive if you need to get back to college... again?" I shake my head.

"Oh, it's just me I guess?" My eyes widened at the words he spoke.

"You'll be studying at a university?!" I exclaimed with too much excitement.

"I will." He smiled at me more widely. This is very good news. "And it's thanks to you," He added and I scowled at him.

"You did it all yourself, you just needed a bit of my help." I tapped his back. "Congrats, pal."

"Thank you." He laughed, he seemed really happy about it. "Any tips?" He asks.

"Just be yourself. Don't be ashamed of your past experiences, because those are the reasons why you're you. Unique and strong." I smiled bitterly.

"Didn't expect those words from you." He said.

"By the way, just another tip."

"What?"

"Get a girlfriend," I cooed and giggled at him but in reality, I want to slap myself. He then looks at me strangely, "What?"

"Do you think I can get one?" He seems to be discouraged. "I always wanted a girlfriend who is nice and will accept me for who I am."

Based on his criteria, I'm not eligible. I do accept him for who he is, but I'm not nice. Not when I'm a woman deceiving him by morphing into a skinny and obnoxious boy.

"You'll have the love you deserve," I assured him with a beam. "You deserve it after everything that happened to you."

The rest of the day in the Jeon's house was fine not until mom called my phone around five in the evening. She said that I should get downstairs and eat dinner with them, not knowing that I'm comfortably sitting on the neighbor's couch.

"So this is goodbye?" He asks and I am too sad to nod. "No worries, we'll stay as friends right?"

"Yes, friends." I showed him a bitter smile masked with a genuine one. "I should go then!" I waved my hand and pretended that I'm still happy.

"Goodbye, Deonne. Take care." He says, and with that, I promised myself that it'll be the last time that I'll show myself to him.

Goodbye, Jungkook.