Chapter Two

I rolled my eyes, "no way am I staying here, of all places."

Zuko stood his ground, "technically, by law, you're required too."

I scoffed, "then change the damn law, your father is the Fire Lord, right?"

"Yeah, he is- and he wants you to stay with us. So, I mean... you can tell him no, I mean, if you want."

Go against the Fire Lord? 

You know, I like to think I'm pretty bold. I mean, I've done some crazy things. But uh... I draw the line here. I really don't want to get on Ozai's bad side. 

Mans is scary

So, so, scary. 

I coughed, "you know, are you sure that Fire Lord Ozai really wants someone as basic, and powerless, as me, to stay here? I mean I couldn't possibly compare with his highnesses' talented children."

Zuko looked doubtful, "powerless? You can fire bend, can't you?"

"Yeah, but as you said, I don't take any of the fire bending classes at school, and I like barely know how to use my fire bending. Why do you think you never knew that I could bend before?"

Zuko nodded his head, but he was clearly unconvinced. There was a knock at the door, and a servant scurried in. She bowed, "Prince Zuko, Lady (Y/N), The Fire Lord has requested both of your presences." Then she scurried away. 

Lady (Y/N)? Ew. 

 I rolled my eyes and turned to Zuko, "does your dad not have a phone?"

He sighed, "he does, he's just... really old fashioned."

I sat on the bed, "well, why are you still here? Your father has requested your presence."

He ran his hand through his messy black hair and chuckled, "I'm not an idiot, (Y/N). He requests both of our presences, which means that you are coming with me."

I sighed and heaved my self off the bed, "it was worth a try Prince Zuko without the Prince."

"Don't call me that!"

I laughed and walked out the door, starting down the hallway. I felt Zuko tap my shoulder, "Hey, genius, it's the other way," he grinned.

I rolled my eyes, "I knew that I was just... looking for a short cut."

"Mhm."

I nudged him and we walked to the throne room. 

He opened the door to the throne room to reveal a glass wall, laced with fire, a large glass table, with war plans on it, and behind both figures was a large throne, with Ozai perched on top of it, yelling on the phone. 

He didn't notice us yet. 

"So he does own a phone," I said through gritted teeth. 

Zuko kicked me in the shin, "shut up!"

"Ow!" I whisper yelled. 

Ozai slammed the phone onto the ground, smashing the glass. I jumped, but Zuko remained calm. I guess that was a common occurrence. Then Ozai turned around and saw us. He plastered a fake smile on his face, "(Y/N), so sorry to hear about your father, he was truly an important asset to our cause, but I'm sure as you know, you will be living here, with us, from now on. Don't worry, you will be attending school, and all of your functions on schedule, nothing in your life will change. Except," he paused, a mischevious glint in his eyes, "your father has told me that you're quite the fire bender. Yet, I don't see any private tutor or school credits for fire bending."