Chapter Ten

Day 2.

The first sparring rounds start at 1:00. 

So, maybe just breakfast would be better today. I didn't want to eat too much before a fight. 

I woke up at 10:00 AM. 

I stumbled out of my room and saw Zuko walking in my direction. 

"Oh, (Y/N), I was just about to wake you up," he said. He was already ready, wearing the team t-shirt and gym shorts. 

I yawned, "Well, I'm up."

"Go get ready, I want to go get for breakfast."

"Where did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking WcDonalds. There's one pretty close, and I want one of their hashbrowns right now."

Hashbrowns did sound good.

"Alright, I'll go get ready."

I grabbed the team shirt and another pair of leggings. I entered the bathroom and hung the clothes on the shower rod. 

I looked at myself in the mirror and turned the water on. I let the water flow into my hair, washing it, while I brushed my teeth. I spit out my toothpaste, washed my toothbrush and let the water flow out of my hair, leaving it perfectly dry. I put on my shirt and leggings and then brushed my hair into a high ponytail, letting out two strands of hair in the front to frame my face. I curled my eyelashes, put on some deodorant, sprayed some perfume, and then walked out of the bathroom, completely ready.

I grabbed my wallet and walked over to Zuko who was sitting on the couch, on his phone. 

"Let's go!"

He grinned, "come on, the map app on my phone says it's a four-minute walk."

***

Breakfast was great. The WcDonalds was in a strip mall, so Zuko and I just kind of roamed there until about 12:00. Sparring rounds start at 1:00 so we met the team at the university around 12:30 to check-in. 

The main sparring tournament took place outside, they had four huge outdoor sparring rings. There were sparring rings inside too. That was mostly for people who were lower ranking. They would carry out their sparring matches there, without an audience. The outdoor sparring rings had bleachers, allowing hundreds of people to go see. The Fire Lord and Fire Lady (which we didn't have), or any important guests were reserved an elevated private area to sit. Ozai isn't coming today, which meant that area would be empty. 

As the Captain and highest-ranking member of the team (along with Zuko), all of my matches would take place outside. 

Since there are no eliminations on day two, it's not as high stakes as day three. That being said, depending on your rank you can gain points for your team. As a captain, I can gain the most points for our team, a total of 40 points per match. Zuko is right behind me at 35 points- though we are ranked the same, my position of captain gives me a boost. After the first two people, the rest of the team is divided into three parts. High-tier, Mid-tier, and Low-tier. High-tier can earn a total of 30 points, Mid-tier a total of 20, and Low-tier a total of 10 per match. 

There are some overlaps with who you are against today and who you are against tomorrow. Captains, however, are not allowed to compete against each other until elimination rounds. That being said, I received my people for today. 

As a Captain- I would only be able to compete against someone in the top 2 (of course I am not allowed to compete against another captain today, so it would have to be the second-ranked person. Or someone who is tied with the captain for first place, like Zuko and I) or a high-tier.