Chapter Thirty-Five

a few weeks later

You know, I never thought I'd say this, but this isn't bad. I've become friends (?) with Katara, Sokka, and Toph. 

We train, we plan for the invasion, and we have fun. 

After my untimely breakup with Prince Zuko, I thought that I wouldn't be happy anymore. And, maybe I'm not... completely. But, I'm getting there, right? 

Yet, in the back of my mind- I couldn't help but think about Zuko.

His face flashed in my mind. 

I shook my head, it didn't matter. He doesn't matter.

I bought Sokka, Toph, Katara, and myself cell phones. The new Banana Phones. I also bought one for Aang, for when he wakes up. I honestly think that he'll wake up soon. Anyway, with the Phones, we were able to go on the internet, check out the news, and we learned that the whole world thinks Aang is dead (which he should be, but Katara swooped in with the spirit water so...).

We also found some "Old Friends" according to Katara, but I have literally never met these people. The closest thing I have to an "Old Friend" is a psychopathic teenager who is also my ex's sister.

More importantly, I bought myself a mask. I was using one before but it was disposable and I kind of needed this for long-term purposes. It wasn't anything big or flashy that covered my whole face. It was just so people wouldn't recognize me. I'm very (in)famous in the fire nation, you know. It was a plain black mask that covered the bottom half of my face. I heard that it's actually a fashion trend now, so hopefully, no one would ask questions. Besides I had grown up. Most of the videos and pictures of me that they had were from when I was 15. It's been three years. 

Currently I was sitting outside Aang's door. You know, just in case he wakes up. Katara, Toph, and Sokka were above deck. 

Aang's door swung open, fast. 

"What the Hell-?" I said.

Aang sprinted out of the room and saw me.

"Aang!" I yelled, "You're awake!"

"(Y/N)?" His eyes were alert, "Oh no, the Fire Nation captured me. No wonder you're here. Sorry but I have to get out."

"What? Aang no you got it wrong-"

He blasted air at me, and I crashed into the wall behind me. Aang ran off.

"Ouch," I said, rubbing my head. I sighed and got up, brushing myself off. I took out my phone and texted Katara:

Me: Kat, Aang is awake.

Kat: Yeah, ik he saw Sokka in his Fire Nation disguise and fainted. 

Kat: And stop calling me Kat!

Me: I can't. I looked up 'how to make friends', and an endearing nickname is essential.

Kat: We're already friends!

Me: You're moving too fast it's only been a few weeks.

Kat: Ouch.

Me: Jk, Ily.

Kat: Shut up and come above deck.

Kat: And ly2, cuz.

I laughed and shut off my phone, slipping it into my pocket.

***

Aang woke up, rubbing his eyes. 

"Why are we on a Fire Nation ship? Why is (Y/N) with us? And why am I the only one who's completely out of it?"