Chapter Seventy-Six

We landed Appa quite a distance away from Hira'a and walked into the city. Zuko flipped up his hood, "We need to hide our identities. We'll get mobbed if people figure out we're the Avatar, the Fire Lord, and the Bibender."

     I slipped on my mask, "Ah, just like old times, right kid?" I slapped Aang's back 

Aang grinned and put on his headband, "Yeah. But, don't worry. After hiding from you guys for all those months, we're masters of disguise!"

     "Wow, Aang," I sighed dramatically, "Get over it."

      Zuko pretended to frown, "Yeah, Aang. Get over it."

    Katara laughed, "Aang, that headband of yours is cute, but as a disguise, it worked a lot better when you had hair." 

     "Yeah," I said, "Someone get this kid a hat."

No one got that kid a hat.

"Get away from me! You smell like a wet possum-pigeon!" I heard Azula shriek. I whipped my head to her to see Sokka wearing a fake mustache and beard that he had made with Appa's hair. I giggled at Azula's absolute dissgust and then turned to Zuko. I reached in my backpack and took out a pair of sunglasses, standing on my tippy toes to put them on Zuko's face, "Your scar's going to give you away, you know."

     Zuko smiled and pressed his lips to my forehead, "Thank you."

We walked into the central square of the town to see a huge mob of people. Judging by the sheer amount of people in this square, we were going to have no problem blending in. People had their phones out, pointing it at the stage. At a closer glance, I realized that they were performing a play. Actually, the scene that was being performed looked oddly familiar.

   "I thought Hira'a was supposed to be a small town. Why is it so crowded?" Katara asked. 

   "Looks like they're performing some sort of play!" Aang replied. 

No shit, Aang. But what play? It looked so familiar. 

   "I recognize that scene! It's the final battle in Love Amongst Dragons," Zuko yelled. 

       "You know, Prince Zuko without the Prince, for someone so uptight, who knew you'd have a soft spot for plays about romance?"

      "Shh, (Y/N). This is the final battle, it's the best part. And for your information," he frowned, "I watched this with my mom, and there's more fighting than romance."

    "The play is called  Love Amongst the Dragons."

     "Shut up, (Y/N)!"

I laughed and reached for the bowl of popcorn in Zuko's hand. He jerked the bowl away. 

       "Hey!" I exclaimed, "Give me the popcorn!"

       "No! Every time I give you the popcorn you eat all of it!" 

"Hey! Just give-" I lunged forward for the popcorn again, this time losing my footing and crashing straight into Zuko. The popcorn fell out of his hands and on to the floor. He looked up at me, breathing heavily. My face felt heated and under the dim glow of the laptop we were watching the play on, Zuko's face was tinged slightly red. He reached his hand out and caressed my cheek. The play continued on in the background: 

     "Though I was trapped in the body of a mortal, you willingly gave me your heart! I cannot help but give you mine in return!" 

     "Only with your glory hidden in false form could you finally realize my devotion!"