Chapter Fifty-Four

This chapter contains mature themes and strong language that may not be suitable for younger readers.

I heard a knock on the door. 

"Come-"

Zuko put a hand over my mouth, "This is my room," he hissed, "And you're not wearing any clothes."

"Right," I whispered. 

Another knock on the door, "Zuko?" 

Sokka. 

Zuko stumbled out of the bed, "One minute Sokka!" He picked his pants off the ground and slipped them on. Then he tossed me his shirt.

I put it on and he pushed me into a closet.

"Hey!" I whispered.

"Shhhh," he closed the closet door.

I heard another knock, "Zuko?? Hello?"

"Yes!" I heard a door open, "What's up, Sokka?"

"Can I come in?"

"Uh- well-"

"Thanks," Sokka cut him off. 

I peered through the gap in the closet door.

Zuko looked like he was panicking. Sokka was walking and Zuko noticed my pants and underwear on the floor. 

Sokka turned around and Zuko kicked my clothes under the bed. 

I suppressed a laugh. 

"So," Zuko said, "Do... do you need something?"

"Nice room," Sokka mused, "Nicer than mine."

"This is my house."

"Fair enough," Sokka shrugged, "Well, we got Appa ready for our journey to fight the Fire Lord... but uh... Aang's missing."

What?

"What?" Zuko exclaimed, "What do you mean, missing?"

"What it sounds like," Sokka said, "We can't find him. Did he tell you he was going anywhere? He left everything, his phone, his staff, Appa."

"Shit," Zuko said, "We have to find him."

"Yeah," Sokka coughed and whistled, "Did you get all that, (Y/N)?"

Oh shit. 

"Yeah," I squeaked from the closet.

Sokka nodded, "I'm gonna... go."

I groaned and stumbled out of the closet, "We'll be down in thirty minutes."

Sokka nodded and walked out of the room.

Zuko and I looked at each other and laughed. 

"Can you grab some clothes from my room?" I asked Zuko, "Something I can fight in, who knows what's going to happen. Oh," I smiled, "Make sure you get me some underwear."

Zuko nodded, "Noted," he started walking then he stopped, "Wait, what are you doing?"

I grabbed a towel from his dresser, "Taking a shower."

Zuko grinned and walked up to me, "Was that an invitation?"

I smiled slyly and stood on my tippy toes. Zuko leaned down and met me halfway. I pressed my lips to his.

Zuko smiled against my lips, "I'll take that as a yes?"

I laughed, "No," I patted his bare chest, "Go get my clothes. And," I took off the shirt I was wearing, "Wear your shirt," I handed it to him.