Chapter Thirty-Nine

[(Y/N)'s POV]

I couldn't sleep. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I saw his face everywhere. I thought back to earlier today.

"Don't let (Y/N) see the TV," I heard Katara whisper to Sokka.

I walked into the area of the shop that Katara and Sokka were, "Don't let (Y/N) see the what?"

Katara plastered herself between the TV and I, "Nothing, (Y/N), let's go check out the portable chargers, that's what we're here for right?"

"Aang and Toph have my card they're getting the chargers-"

"...And here we can see Prince Zuko with his girlfriend Mai. Aren't they such a cute couple? We're so glad that the Prince has returned!" I heard the voice from the TV.

I nudged Katara out of the way. The screen showed Zuko and Mai.

Oh. That was fast.

I was glad I was wearing a mask, so they couldn't see my expression. My eyes were glued to the TV. The screen changed to a picture of Zuko and I. I was whispering something in his ear, and he was smiling. The news anchor appeared on screen, "There was speculation for a few years that Prince Zuko was in a committed relationship to the current number one enemy of the Fire Nation, due to the passing of the Avatar, (Y/N), or as she as better known," a video of me using fire and water simultaneously appeared on screen, "the Bibender. Aren't we glad that Prince Zuko has found someone better-"

Sokka unplugged the TV, glaring at the screen.

Katara looked at me, "(Y/N)..."

I quickly wiped my eyes which were slightly wet. I smiled, "Well. Let's go find Aang and Toph," I quickly turned around. I was sure if I saw their faces looking at me like I was some pitiful creature I would break down.

I tossed in my sleeping bag. We had left that town and we didn't have time to stop by at another town or city so we were camping out in a random field.

I heard rustling, clicking, and then Toph got up.

"Guys, you're all gonna think I'm crazy, but it feels like a metal man is coming."

I looked out at the moon. 

Aang got up and rubbed his eyes, "Huh?"

I got up and saw a man, fully clad in metal armor. His eyes were focused on Aang. He took a deep breath and I could of sworn I saw a combustion wave heading towards Aang. 

My eyes widened and I yanked Aang out of the way with Bloodbending. The combustion wave hit the ground, and caused an explosion. Everyone was awake by now, and we all were blown back by the impact. 

"I don't think you're crazy, Toph."

She grinned and earthbent a rock at the man, "Thanks."

Katara bent water at the man. 

The man blew something up inches away from us. 

"This is crazy! How can we beat a guy who blows things up with his mind?" Sokka yelled. 

It was nighttime, meaning my waterbending was strongest. I took a deepbreath and tensed my muscles, manipulating the blood in the man's body. 

He didn't say anything. 

"Go!" I yelled, "Get on Appa!"

Katara nodded and got everyone on Appa. I used bloodbending to throw the man back several feet then used firebending to propel myself in the air. I landed on Appa.