Chapter Forty-One

So, we were camping in a random cave (again). Personally, I wanted to go into town and find a hotel, but oh well.

We escaped who Sokka was now calling "Combustion Man". Barely.

The gaang was gathered around a fire, which no one thanked me for making, telling ghost stories. 

Unfortunately, these people do not have a firm sense of true horror. I was unphased. Toph tensed up, "Wait. Guys, did you hear that? I hear people under the mountain, and they're screaming."

"Toph, this lame attempt at being funny isn't working," I shrugged, "It's still better than what Sokka was saying."

"No, I'm serious, I hear something," Toph said.

She seemed genuine. 

"You're probably just jumpy from the ghost stories," Katara said.

Toph looked confused, "It just stopped."

"See," I said, "Kat was right, you're being paranoid."

"Hello children," An eerie voice spoke from behind us. 

Sokka, Toph, Aang, and Katara screamed. I simply shrugged and we turned around to reveal an old woman.

" Sorry to frighten you, my name is Hama. You children shouldn't be out in the forest by yourselves at night. I have an inn nearby, why don't you come back there for some spiced tea and warm beds?"

Hm. Hama.

 Why did I know that name? 

Hama...

It really irks me that I can't figure out where I knew her from. I was sure... 

Whatever. All I know, is I don't trust her.

"Thanks," I said, slipping on my mask before she saw my face, "But we won't need it. If we needed an inn or hotel to stay in I could just-"

"We'll take it!" Sokka said.

I turned and glared at him, but he just shrugged. 

So, we followed Hama to her home and she was serving us dinner. 

"Thanks for letting us stay here tonight. You have a lovely inn," Katara smiled at Hama. 

I coughed, "Suck up."

"I'm being polite!" Katara whisper-yelled at me.

"Aren't you sweet?" Hama smiled at Katara, "You know, you should be careful. People have been disappearing in those woods you were camping in."

Sokka looked freaked out, "Define... disappearing."

"What do you think she means? They were here, now they're not. Are you dumb?" I asked Sokka.

Hama simply smiled ominously, "When the moon turns full, people walk in, and they don't come out. Don't worry, you'll all be completely safe here. Why don't I show you to your rooms, and you can get a good night's rest? "

She led us to our respective rooms and I stared up at the ceiling. 

I know that I know her. I didn't recognize her face, but her name was really familiar. 

I was sure that I had met her before.

I shook the thought away and tried to sleep. 

I closed my eyes.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

I opened my eyes. 

I sighed and got up. Time for another sleepless night.