Chapter Seven

This chapter contains some foul language that might not be suitable for younger readers. 

Soon it was time for the last practice before the tournament. Most of the team has actually warmed up to me. Not everyone though. 

Even Hide's forgiven me for breaking his arm. Maybe. 

I was walking to the gym after school (yes we have afterschool class now, are you kidding me? We had like barely over a week to prepare.) when I heard yelling. More specifically, Zuko's yelling. I could recognize that voice anywhere. I hid behind a trash can to eavesdrop. Zuko was with Wang and another boy from the class, Chan. They were standing at the entrance to the gym. Zuko was, as I said, yelling. 

"... She works her ass off every day. You guys are just threatened by her authority over you!"

Are they talking about me...?

Wang laughed, "Oh? What are you? Her knight in shining armor? Please. She's a bitch."

"How dare you? She's a bitch because she's better than you? Can't handle a powerful woman? No wonder you can't keep a girl for shit."

Chan glared at Zuko, and pushed his shoulders, "yo, what's your problem man? Before she was in this class we were tight."

"Don't touch me."

Definitely talking about me.

Wang put a hand in front of Chan, signaling for him to calm down. Then Wang turned to Zuko, "I can't keep a girl? Where's your mom, Zuko?"

He didn't. 

Zuko's face turned red, "don't talk about shit you don't understand."

Wang laughed, "I understand plenty," he laughed, "let me guess, you're only nice to (Y/N) because you want to get in her pants? I respect that, but hey... save some for me. She may be annoying as hell, but her body," he licked his lips, "damn."

Disgusting. 

Zuko looked at Wang. 

He's not denying it. There's no way.

Zuko's expression hardened, and he punched Wang in the face, sending Wang back a couple of feet. Zuko glared at him, "Lay a hand on (Y/N), and I swear to fucking god. You're dead."

Wang got up and brushed himself off. Chan just looked really scared and backed away. Wang stood in an offensive position clearly looking to use his firebending.

Oh no, I'm ending this. 

I had a clear view of Wang from behind my trashcan. And, this was a perfect opportunity to use blood bending. I concentrated on Wang's blood flow and I flicked my hand. Wang froze. I wasn't gonna hurt him too badly. I needed him for the tournament tomorrow. I caused Wang to trip over his own feet. Then I nonchalantly walked out of my hiding spot. 

Zuko looked at me in disbelief, "(Y/N)? How long were you there?"

I smiled at Zuko, then turned to Wang, who was confused, but he had gotten himself up. I glared at him, "Long enough."

Then I smiled, "Wang? Chan?" My voice was scary calm, "I want both of you to do 100 laps around the gym. Or until you faint. No breaks. Make sure you sprint."

Wang glared at me, "I'd rather fight you. I'm better than I was six months ago, I got a new teacher."

"Really? Ok. I'll make you a deal. If you can beat me in a sparring match... you can be captain."

Blazing: An Avatar AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara