Chapter Thirty-One

This chapter contains strong language that may not be suitable for younger readers.

We've been waiting for the Earth King for the past hour.

Zuko checked his phone for the time, "What's taking so long?"

"When I clearly expressed my concern for this trip, no one took me seriously," I said, "Yet, now we've been here for an hour, and still no Earth King?"

Iroh sighed, "Calm down, (Y/N). The King probably just overslept. And why did you insist on bringing your 'escape backpack' with you?"

"Because, something about this trip makes no sense! And no one believes me, so I took special measures for myself. I told you guys to bring your backpacks too. When we're running, don't ask me to buy things for you guys," I crossed my arms.

Zuko smiled and put a hand on mine, "Maybe you should calm down," he kissed my forehead.

Not long ago I was giving him a comforting touch and telling him to calm down.

The world has turned upside down.

Dai Li agents entered the room, surrounding us.

"Something's not right," Zuko said, looking to his side at the Dai Li agents. 

"Wow," I said, "Not like I haven't been saying that."

I heard footsteps. Do you know how moments before a disaster, you can kind of sense it? That was me right now.

Azula entered the room.

Oh. Fuck.

Azula smiled, "It's tea time."

I got up, kicking the table in front of me away with my feet.

Zuko and Iroh followed.

Zuko glared at his sister, "Azula!"

I raised my hands, preparing to bloodbend. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Azula said.

"And why is that?"

"You control me with that wretched bending of yours, and I'll have the Dai Li attack you with all they have. You can't possibly control all of us at the same time. Especially if I was constantly fighting against you."

Shit. She's right about that. I can bloodbend multiple people at once, but it takes a lot of concentration and drains a lot of energy.

With someone powerful like Azula, I would probably need all my energy and concentration, which is hard to do when I'm getting attacked by multiple trained Earthbenders. 

I let my hands fall to my side, "Alright, Azula."

Iroh smiled, "Did I ever tell you how I got the nickname the "Dragon of the West"?"

Azula rolled her eyes, "I'm not interested in the anecdote, Uncle."

He's going to firebend out of his mouth, isn't he?

I'm excited. 

I coughed, "I don't think it's going to be an anecdote, Azula."

She rolled her eyes again.

Zuko and I stepped back, and Iroh let out a powerful torrent of fire from his mouth, mimicking a dragon.

The Dai Li agents fired their stone bullets, but they missed us in the smoke and confusion. In fact, there was so much smoke I could barely see Zuko or Iroh.

I blasted a whole in the wall behind us, "Come on guys, run!" I screamed before jumping out of the building, using firebending as a propeller. 

I felt movement behind me, so I assumed Zuko and Iroh had made it out as well. I ran for a while, "I think we lost her, guys," I turned around and saw Iroh, who was holding an unconscious Dai Li agent.