Chapter Three

I peered into my chemistry class. Mr.Lee's back was to the door.  I silently opened the door and made it about halfway to my seat. Mr.Lee didn't turn around, but he sighed in disappointment, "Miss (Y/N). So nice of you to join us."

I laughed and scratched the back of my head, "that is totally my bad. It just took way longer than I thought it would getting here."

He turned around and rolled his eyes, "your house is a 10-minute walk away. What are you talking about?"

I sighed, "well I don't exactly live in my house anymore."

He looked confused, and I waved my hand dismissively, "It doesn't matter. I'm just going to sit down." 

"Wait, (Y/N)," he looked down at a piece of paper, "I see that you're enrolled in my advanced firebending class."

I groaned, "don't remind me."

"I didn't know that you can bend," he looked slightly impressed. 

"You learn something new every day, Mr.Lee."

He stroked his chin, "still, the advanced class is really hard to get into how di-"

"I guess you'll see during 5th period, now can we please, for the life of me, just do chemistry?"

He nodded and started teaching. 

The next few periods rolled by pretty quickly. It was (unfortunately) time for fire bending. Zuko was waiting outside the doors to the bending gym. I waved my hands in front of his face, "hey Prince Zuko without the Prince, why do you look lost?"

"Oh! I was just waiting for you."

"Uh... ok, but... why?"

His face turned red, "Well, I mean- you don't even like this class, so I thought that it would be the nice thing to do."

I laughed, "well, thank you. And you're right. I don't even like this class."

He lightly pushed my arm with his elbow and smiled,"Hey, I've seen you bend. I say you wipe the floor with these idiots. You know, to make you feel better."

I laughed, "I might just take you up on that offer, Prince Zuko without the Prince."

"Stop calling me that!"

"Shut up, let's just go inside," I smiled and opened the doors to the gym. It was huge, way bigger than the gym actually used for gym class. The walls were padded with flame-resistant material (I wonder why) and in the middle of the gym, there was a huge ring (for one-on-one bending) and on the floor was a huge painting of our school mascot: a Dragon. Mr.Lee stood in the middle of the ring, grinning. 

I groaned. 

Zuko looked concerned, "what?"

"I hate this guy."

"Mr.Lee...?"

"Yes, man."

"How do you even know him?"

"He's my chemistry teacher."

"Mr.Lee teaches chemistry? Nerd."

I punched Zuko's arm, "hey! I'm in chemistry."

He coughed, "nerd."

I rolled my eyes and we sat down in a circle around the ring. There were about 9 other people (not counting Zuko and me) in our class, currently. Advanced Firebending is apparently a hard class to get into. I was the only girl in the class since Azula doesn't take fire bending in school. She refuses to bend with peasants. She has her own private tutor (whose ass I just kicked, but have fun with that one Azula).