Chapter Sixty-Eight

I woke up and was very confused for a second. It felt like I was in a moving vehicle? What? I opened my eyes and yawned. I was in a car. Zuko's car.

Zuko glanced at me, "You're awake?"

"No," I groaned. My eyes widened in realization and I sat up, "Wait! What time is it? Shit," I scrambled for my phone, "Oh, Kat's going to kill me!"

"Relax. It's only 7, we're on our way to school. I called Katara, I told her we had an early morning fire bending thing. She thinks we're already at school, Sokka and Aang are giving her and Toph a ride today. You can calm down."

I glanced down at my sweatpants. I was wearing the same clothes as yesterday. I groaned. Katara was going to notice.

Zuko sensed my dismay. He tilted his head to the back seat, "I brought you a pair of jeans you left at my place before we broke up. I didn't have any shirts for you, so I brought you one of mine. Just tell Katara you spilled coffee on your shirt and I had a spare in my gym locker."

I glanced at him, "You... you did all that?"

He smiled and kept staring at the road, gripping the wheel tighter, "Of course."

I smiled back at him and reached to the back of the car where there was a plastic bag with clothes. I took off my sweatshirt. Zuko swerved the car and pulled over in front of a coffee shop.

"Are you crazy?" His face was red.

"What?" I was in my slightly see-through pajama shirt.

He blushed and picked up my (his?) sweatshirt and threw it at me, "Go see if they have a bathroom you can change in inside," he mumbled.

I laughed and picked up the bag of clothes before getting out of the car. They did in fact have a bathroom and I changed into my jeans and Zuko's shirt. It was just a plain red shirt but it was thin and it smelled like him. I loved Zuko's scent. He smelled like... I don't know, it's hard to explain. Like a smoky sandalwood smell. Needless to say, I couldn't get enough of it.

I headed back to the car, where Zuko was waiting for me.

He looked up from his phone when he saw me, "You look amazing."

My face heated up, "Thanks."

❊❊❊

We got to school early, and I decided to head to my waterbending class. Pakku was sitting in the front of the classroom. He looked up from his laptop, where he was typing something.

"(Y/N)? You're early. What a surprise," he sounded slightly annoyed.

Firebending was probably the only class I'm ever early too.

I laughed and scratched the back of my head, "Sorry. But at least I'm here."

"Where's Katara?"

"Kat? I didn't give her a ride today. How's Gran-Gran? Have you talked with her?"

"Why wouldn't I talk with my wife?" he paused, "You should call her. She's your grandma too. She feels bad that she was never a part of your life."

"Yeah," I yawned, "I will."

"Tired?" He asked.

"Didn't get much sleep last night."

"Hm..."

Katara burst into the room. She saw me and glared.

"Shit," I coughed, "Hi, Katara."

"What the hell, (Y/N)?! Why do I have to hear from Zuko that you have an early morning firebending thing?! Some heads up would be nice!"