Chapter Sixty-Nine

I patted my hair down and raced down the stairs to greet Katara, Aang, Toph, Sokka, Suki, Mai, and Ty Lee.

Katara smiled when she saw me, "Hey, (Y/N)! Sorry, it's supposed to rain, and that kind of ruined our plans, so I thought I would just bring them here for dinner. I called you a few times, but you didn't answer."

I laughed nervously, "Uh... I think my phone's off. I was training."

Sokka looked at me, "Why do you look so flustered?"

"Like I said, I was training."

"No," Sokka mused, "That's not your 'training' face."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I scoffed.

"Leave (Y/N) alone, sweetie," Suki put a hand on Sokka's shoulder, "If she said she was training, she was training."

"Thank you, Suki," I smiled.

A loud crash sounded from upstairs, causing us all to jump.

"What was that?" Katara asked.

"Oh, uh- I was trying to balance my backpack on top of a pile of clothes in my closet. It probably just fell. Don't worry about it, Kat."

Suki laughed as if she knew something we didn't.

Katara shrugged, "All right. I'm going to go make dinner. Toph? Can you help me?"

"Why can't (Y/N) help?" Toph groaned.

"You may be blind, but at least you don't burn down the kitchen when you get frustrated," Katara said.

"That was one time!" I yelled.

Katara laughed, "Sweetie, you come too," she smiled at Aang.

"Of course. I love you."

Sokka, Toph, and I all shivered.

"Ew!" Sokka exclamied.

"Bleh," Toph stuck out her tounge.

"Ditto," I laughed.

Katara glared at me, "You have no-"

I gave her a look.

"Nevermind."

She, Aang, and Toph left to go to the kitchen. That left, Suki, Sokka, Ty Lee, Mai, and I.

Everyone sat down on the couch, and I lit a candle.

Sokka turned to me, "You know, I think we should call Zuko."

"What?" I thought about the man who was currently in my closet, "Nah, that doesn't seem like a good idea," I joined them on the couch.

The corners of Mai's mouth curled up into a smile, which she hid immediately, "I think we should call him."

I rolled my eyes, "Of course you would want to call him."

Ty Lee waved her hands, "I'm sensing a lot of negative energy here, I think you guys should calm down."

"I'm calm!" I snapped, and the flame of the candle spurred violently up.

Suki blinked.

I sighed, "I see your point. Sorry," I looked away from the rest of them, focusing only on the table in front of us.

"I'm going to call Zuko," Sokka said.

"You know what?" I smiled and fixated my eyes on Mai, "I'll call Zuko. He'll come if I ask."