Chapter Twenty

This chapter contains strong language and mature themes that may not be suitable for younger readers.

We approached the entrance to the North Pole. There was a wall of ice guarding the city. Zhao sighed and turned to Iroh and me, "I'm making history today. I will be destroying the Water Tribe Civilization."

"Gee, I'm so excited," I rolled my eyes.

Zhao ignored my comment and turned around, "Prepare for the first strike."

I nodded to Iroh signifying that I was going to go meet up with Zuko.

I found him in his disguise halfway down the hall, "Zuko, we're nearly there. Tell me you have a plan."

"I'm figuring it out," he started to walk away.

"Figure it out faster," I called after him.

Soon, Zhao started attacking the walls of the city. He fired fireballs, canons, guns, you name it.

I saw Aang flying above, destroying fire nation ships, but I knew there were too many for him to take down.

The sun started setting and the moon was starting to come up.

I walked over to Zhao, "You really should stop. Once the moon comes out they grow stronger. I'm a waterbender, I should know."

Zhao nodded and ordered his soldiers to stop. Then his face took an evil expression, "The moon problem won't be a problem for long."

What the hell was that supposed to mean?

Iroh walked up to me, "Zuko's gone to find the Avatar," he whispered.

"What?! Without me? I thought the plan was I was going to go with."

Iroh shrugged.

"Uh, no. He's an imbecile with no plan. He will get himself killed in the cold like this. I'm going."

"(Y/N), wait- how am I going to explain your absence to Zhao?"

"You'll figure it out!" I started sprinting off the ship.

***

I spent way too long looking for Zuko. This motherfucker doesn't know how to answer his damn phone.

I called him again.

He answered this time, "Zuko! Where the fuck are you? I swear to god, you little shit I'm going to burn your fuckin-"

"(Y/N). Calm down. I'll send you my location."

"Calm down? Calm down?! I called you 37 times! What the hell took you so long?"

"My phone isn't in the best shape since the explosion, you know! It's all cracked and it's hard to answer calls!"

"Shut up Zuko," my phone's text notification went off, it read 'Zuko started sharing his location with you', "I got your damn location. Bye."

"(Y/N)-"

I hung up the phone and started running towards Zuko. Unfortunately, he did not stay in one spot and was constantly moving, making it that much harder to reach him.

Soon, his little icon on my phone stopped moving, which meant he stopped moving.

Zuko's location led me to a weird garden in the city. The sun had risen and I knew Zhao was going to attack soon. The garden seemed almost spiritual. I walked into the garden to see Zuko's phone on the floor and Katara knocked unconscious.

I am going to kill Zuko.

I ran over to Katara and shook her awake.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.