Chapter Four

{6 MONTHS LATER}

Life in the Fire Nation Royal Palace wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My firebending was better than ever, and I still practiced waterbending, albeit secretly.  In addition to my father's "lessons", I learned firebending techniques through the internet. I've seen extensive articles on General Iroh's techniques, Ozai's, Sozin, Azulon- all the greats. My grades were good, Zuko and I were still tied for first in class, but only since Mr.Lee was way too scared to have us fight again. I don't blame him. Oh, and get this. Our new "private tutor" for firebending is none other than General Iroh himself. I hadn't met him until now, and I mean in a way I did learn from him... via the internet. 

The point is, I finally have a firebending teacher who knows what he's doing. It's very exciting. 

As for waterbending? Also the internet, and only the internet. Did you know that there's a website called the "waterbending scroll"? So helpful. The point is, I can read. Actually, I've been reading about this new waterbending technique- bloodbending. It was on an obscure site, and most people dismiss it as clickbait. You had to prove you had southern watertribe blood to even access the website. I had to puncture my finger, then discreetly mail the blood to this random fire nation colony. It took two weeks but I got an email from some lady named Hama with a password, and I got into the website. Bloodbending has to do with manipulating the water in people's blood. Basically I can control any living creature. I've been working on it- and I think I'm getting good. But who knows? Shady-ass bending if you ask me. 

So, currently, it's 9 A.M. I am spending my morning staring up at a ceiling before I have to do things. It's also a Saturday meaning no school, plus Iroh is doing some War things so no firebending either. Unfortunately, Azula has invited her friends over, and Ozai forces me to hang out with them. It's not fun. I am not having fun. I heard a knock at my door. Is it my breakfast? I hope so. I sat up in my bed, "it's open!"

I saw the doorknob turn and Zuko walked into my room. 

"Oh. It's you."

He looked offended, "geez, where's the love, (Y/N)?" he held up two plates of waffles. My eyes lit up, "well, now I'm excited- there's food!"

He laughed, "obviously there's only one way to get you to like me."

I smiled, "Woah, not even food can make me like you."

"Ouch! And here I thought we were friends."

I chuckled and patted on the bed next to me, "come sit down."

He smiled and put my plate of waffles in front of me, before sitting down next to me with his. The waffles smelled amazing. I love waffles. I dug into the waffle, and it tasted way better than it looked. As I was mesmerized by my waffles, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I glanced up to see Zuko staring at me with a stupid smile on his face. I swallowed my bite of waffle and looked at him confused, "what?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing- just zoned out, I guess."

"Yeah, ok." I continued eating.

Zuko and I finished our food pretty quickly. I guess we were hungry.  After we ate Zuko got up and stretched.  I walked into the bathroom to change out of my pajamas. I put on ripped jeans, with fishnets underneath, a red and black crop,  and I combed my hair. I walked out of the bathroom and heard him get a text notification, and he picked up his phone. He rolled his eyes, "come on, Azula's friends are here."

I groaned, "why must I do this?"

He smiled, "hey don't worry, I'm coming too."

I faked disappointment and threw a pillow at him, "that's worse!"