Chapter Twenty-Two

"So," Zuko was saying, "You said you have a plan? Because we don't have any money. Everyone knows that money drives everything, how the hell are we supposed to survive?"

"Ok, first of all, chill," I said, "Second of all, who says we don't have any money?"

"Uh, you just threw out our credit and debit cards..." 

"Yes, (Y/N), are you sure you thought this through?" Iroh asked.

I sighed, "Why must you doubt me? First of all, we're going to the Earth Kingdom. They don't cover Fire Nation news and politics and are effectively shielded from the outside world, meaning we are not on TV 24/7. Which works to our advantage, since you know, if the Fire Nation finds us they'll take us to Azula."

"If the Earth Nation finds us they'll kill us," Zuko said. Then he thought for a moment, "Yeah, I still vote the Earth Kingdom."

I laughed, "Exactly. And there's barely a chance that they'll notice us if we stay out of the colonies."

"Ok," Zuko said, "What about money? Food? All that?"

I grinned, "My father was a very sneaky man. He might have been a huge dick-"

Iroh coughed.

"-Sorry, language, I know. But, the point is, as you may recall my father left all the family fortune to me. My father was a rich man, and he also seemed to have his doubts about his so-called 'best friend', AKA your father," I turned to Zuko, "That being said, once I went snooping into his funds I found some interesting things. One, he has a bank account in the Earth Kingdom under my mother's name. There is a shit ton of money in there, I called and asked way back when I first found out. It seems my dad has contacts in the Earth Kingdom banks so I'm sure if I tell them the password my dad left in his will, they'll let me withdraw money, or make a debit card that connects to the account. Your father won't be able to track the activity in this account because it's an Earth Kingdom account. In conclusion, I am a genius. Thank you for coming to my TomTalk."

Zuko and Iroh stared at me blankly.

I sighed, "What are you guys waiting for? Time to find the nearest DT bank!"

"Right!" Iroh said, "Let's go."

***

I walked into the fourth DT Bank today, with Zuko, and everyone looked at us weird. Probably because our clothes and hair were a mess. 

The reason we have been to so many is once they hear the name of the bank account they freak out and transfer me. 

I walked up to the front desk and coughed, waiting for someone to come help me. A woman, probably in her late 20's or early 30's came up to me and smiled, "May I help you?"

"Uhhh, yes. I think. I need to access a bank account?"

"There's protocol for that, can I see ID?"

Ooh, that's going to be a problem, I don't have ID of any kind.

I coughed, "Well, no."

She looked at me oddly, "well, which bank account?"

"It should be under the name 'Katya'...?"

Her eyes widened, "Uh, wait here."

Damn, now I'm going to get transferred again, aren't I?

So I waited, you know as one does. About 15 minutes later she came out with a man who looked to be a few years younger than my father would be.

The man looked at me and smiled, "(Y/N). I didn't think I'd ever see you here. Oh, and you brought the Prince. How... nice."