Chapter Eight

(A/N): Please enjoy my knockoff names for brands.

I practically jumped out of my bed this morning, which is odd. I don't get out of bed, it's just not something I usually do.

However, today is a special day. 

Day One of the tournament. 

Form. 

The tournament takes place at one of the nation's top universities. SU, or Sozin University. It's known for its gorgeous outdoor sparring ring, and of course, most of the generals have gone there. My father was an alumnus himself. The University is named after Fire Lord Sozin. The drive up there is about three hours, give or take. We're not driving three hours every day, so the school has paid for hotel rooms for us. Everyone gets a roommate. Mine is Zuko. Don't worry though, Ozai has paid for a suit, so it's not like we'll be sleeping right next to each other. 

The Fire Lord doesn't actually come to Day One. He's only interested in the sparring days. Even though Day Two is a sparring day, he doesn't come to Day Two either. He doesn't have the time, and everyone knows that Day Three is way more exciting than Day Two. Day Three has eliminations in place. Man likes a fight, is anyone surprised?

I got out of bed and went to wash my hair and brush my teeth. Since it's a pretty long bus ride I just put on a white tank top and sweat pants. My "uniform" was in my suitcase. Boys had to wear gym shorts and a white t-shirt with the school logo (a dragon) on the front. The t-shirt is specially designed so that it cannot catch on fire. One would be surprised how many times we have had an.... incident with fire. Girls typically wore leggings and the same white t-shirt, with any alterations that you see fit. That being said, I cropped mine. In my defense, it was basically a DRESS when I first got it, and how am I supposed to fight if I am not comfortable? I can't. Of course, we're not fighting today, but that's not the point. We each get three identical t-shirts, one for each day. They were all packed in my suitcase, along with some casual clothes (just in case). My suitcase consisted of, obviously the clothes I just mentioned, but also a toothbrush, a hairbrush, a pouch with some jewelry in it, and a small makeup bag. Nothing extravagant, just some mascara, lipgloss, concealer, blush, and perfume. I also had a backpack to take with me on the coach bus. The backpack just had my phone charger and a portable, my laptop (for recreational reasons and school work), some books, and a notebook, just in case I want to jot something down. I also had my wallet. Obviously. Pretty normal stuff. 

As captain of the team, I also have a black windbreaker jacket. The front of the jacket zips up, and the back has the school logo on it, under the logo is the word "CAPTAIN". I put on the jacket, put my backpack on, and got my suitcase. 

The time was now 6:15 AM. We are taking the coach bus from school at 7:30. We should be at the hotel by 10:30. The tournament starts at 3:30 PM today, giving us time to settle into our rooms, maybe practice a bit, grab lunch and then actually attend the tournament. 

So, now that I was ready it was time to annoy Zuko so that we can go to Moonbucks for breakfast, and still be at school by 7:30. I ran to his room and burst the door open. 

"(Y-Y/N)??"

Oh shit

Zuko was wearing sweatpants, but he lacked a shirt. 

I keep on getting myself in this situation. 

But his body. Wow.

Zuko smiled, "like what you see?"

He seemed very proud of himself. 

My face turned red. I marched to his bed and grabbed a random shirt. Then I threw it at him, "No. I'm just surprised that your still not ready, even though you said that we could go get coffee at Moonbucks today."