Chapter Fifty-Two

Zuko had the wonderful idea of hiding out at the royal family's beach house on Ember Island. I had never been.

Katara and Toph were laying on the ground. 

"Doesn't it seem kind of weird that we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?" Katara asked. 

"I told you, my father hasn't come here since our family was actually happy. And that was a long time ago. It's the last place anyone would think to look for us."

"You made it sound so sad," I said.

He shrugged. 

Sokka and Suki ran up to us. Sokka held up his phone, "Guys! They made a movie about us!"

"Huh?" I asked, "Really?"

"We have to go!" Sokka exclaimed, "I bought us movie tickets!"

"You're kidding, right?" I asked. 

"Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea to attend a movie about ourselves?" Katara asked. 

"Sure," Sokka said, "As long as Zuko and (Y/N) wear masks. A movie day is something we all need."

I nudged Zuko, "What do you think? I miss watching movies with you."

Zuko smiled, "Fine."

Later that day, we all went to the movie theatre. 

Zuko sat next to me and Katara (much to Aang's dismay).

Toph groaned, "What's the point of me coming here? I can't see the screen."

"Don't worry," Katara said, "You can still hear, and I'll tell you what's happening."

Toph groaned. 

Sokka and Suki were sitting in the row behind us.

The lights dimmed and the advertisements started. Zuko and I took off our masks now that it was dark.

After like 20 minutes of advertisements, the movie started. 

The scene opened to an actress, who I assumed was playing Katara, and an actor, Sokka, rowing a boat in the middle of a tundra. 

"Sokka, my only brother! We constantly roam these icy South Pole seas, and yet never do we find anything fulfilling!" Actress Katara sighed dramatically. 

"All I want is a full feeling in my stomach! I'm starving!" Actor Sokka yelled.

I laughed. 

Katara and Sokka looked horrified.

"Is food the only thing on your mind?" Actress Katara asked. 

"Well, I'm trying to it get out of my mind and into my mouth! I'm starving!" Actor Sokka exclaimed, earning a scattered laugh from the audience. 

"This is pathetic! My jokes are way funnier than this!" Sokka whisper-yelled. 

I turned back to him, "I don't think you're as funny as you think."

"(Y/N)!" Sokka whined. 

I laughed, "Joking."

Sokka smiled.

Toph laughed, "I think he's got you pegged!"

Sokka frowned again.

I turned my attention back to the screen.

"Every day, the world awaits a beacon to guide us, yet none appears! Still, we cannot give up hope! For hope," Actress Katara started to sob, "is all we have! And we must never relinquish it, even... even to our dying breath!"