Chapter Sixty-Three

I couldn't sleep.

The last few weeks of school have been okay. Kat and Toph are really enjoying it. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. I took out my phone to check the time. 3:43 AM. At least tomorrow was the weekend. 

Team Avatar had plans. That's something to look forward to. 

My phone buzzed.

One new message: Zuko:

Zuko: Are you awake?

Me: No

Zuko: Funny

Me: I know

Zuko: I just finished a bunch of Fire Lord stuff

Me: How was it?

Zuko: Boring. I'm outside your house. Wanna take a walk?

I peered out my window to see Zuko standing by his car. I laughed.

Me: I'll be right down.

I carefully walked down the stairs and put on my slippers, before heading out. Zuko looked up at me, "Hey, (Y/N)."

"What if I was asleep?" I asked him.

"If you were asleep...?" He thought for a moment, "That would be awkward."

"What bring you to my humble abode, Fire Lord Zuko?"

"I wanted to see you," he turned around and started walking, motioning for me to follow, "Come on."

I walked with him, the moonlight shining down on us. It was cold. I probably should have brought a sweatshirt. 

I shivered. 

Zuko looked at me, "Are you cold?" he laughed, "Ironic," he took off his sweatshirt and offered it to me. 

"I could use firebending to warm myself up, you know."

"That's a chore. Just take the sweatshirt."

"I didn't know you were into clichés, Prince- Fire Lord Zuko," I said, taking the sweatshirt. I pulled it over my head and put it on. It was quite big on me. It was warm. Zuko's body temperature was always warm, so it made sense. It smelled like him. 

Zuko smiled, "That wasn't so hard, was it (Y/N)?"

"I only took it 'cause I'm cold," I said.

"I know," he sighed, "Are you hanging out with us tomorrow?"

"Yeah," I said, "It's a Team Avatar day, right? I am a part of Team Avatar. I'm surprised you made time for us, Fire Lord."

"I've learned that no matter my duties to my nation, I have a duty to my friends as well," Zuko replied.

I laughed, "Why are you speaking so formally?" I hit his back, "Lighten up, Zuko."

His expression softened, "Sorry, how are you?"

"You drag me out of my home in the middle of the night, to ask me how I am?"

He smiled, "Well, yeah."

"I've seen better days," I said, "This is refreshing."

"I know what you mean. Walking out here, with no one watching you or-"

"-asking you something, or to do something?"

"Yeah," he smiled, "How do you always know what I'm thinking?"

"Because, I know you, Zuko."

He glanced at me, "I missed you, (Y/N)."

"I missed you too."