Chapter Fifty-One

Zuko and I laid next to each other, both of us breathing heavily. 

"Well," I checked my phone, "Shit, everyone should be waking up soon. We should go to Kat's tent."

"Right," he breathed. 

I grabbed a shirt off the ground and slipped it on. Then I grabbed my sweatpants and slipped those on. Zuko did the same. 

I poked my head out of the tent and made sure no one was around. I turned and nodded to Zuko. I moved to leave the tent but Zuko wrapped an arm around my waist. 

"Wait," he said.

"What?" I turned around and he kissed me. 

He pulled away, "Okay. Now let's go."

***

We waited outside Katara's tent. 

She lifted the tent flap and smiled when she saw me. Her smile faded as her gaze moved to Zuko. 

She glared at Zuko, "You look terrible."

"I didn't get any sleep last night," he said.

"What do you want?" Katara asked. 

"I know who killed your mother," Zuko said. 

Katara stopped in her tracks.

"And we're going to help you find him," Zuko continued. 

***

Later that day, Aang was feeding Appa hay. Katara, Zuko, and I walked up to them. 

"I need to borrow Appa," Katara said.

"Why?" Aang laughed, "Is it your turn to go on some life-changing journey with the firebending duo?"

"The.. what?" Zuko and I asked at the same time.

"Well," Aang thought for a moment, "You guys are my fire bending teachers so..."

I opened my mouth to speak but Katara spoke first. 

"It is my turn."

"Oh. What's going on?" Aang seemed surprised. 

"We're going to find the man who took my mother from me," Katara said, angrily. 

This caught Sokka's attention. He got up and walked over to us.

Zuko gestured to Sokka, "Sokka told me the story of what happened. I know who did it and I know how to find him."

"Um ... and what exactly do you think this will accomplish?" Aang asked. 

Katara shook her head, "Ugh, I knew you wouldn't understand."

"Wait," Aang reached out to her, "I do understand. You're feeling unbelievable pain and rage. How do think I felt about the sandbenders when they stole Appa? How do you think I felt about the Fire Nation when I found out what happened to my people?"

I took a step forward, "Aang. She needs this. Let her have this."

Zuko nodded, "This is about getting closure and justice."

Aang shook his head, "No. It's about getting revenge."

Katara grew angry, "So what if it is?!"

"Katara," Aang said, "You sound like Jet."

"Hey, you guys know Jet-," I cut myself off, "Now's not the time," I muttered to myself.

"Katara, she was my mother, too, but I think Aang might be right," Sokka said.