Chapter Thirty-Three

We settled on the ship nicely.

Not that it mattered to me. This ship was like the one I had traveled with Zuko in for three years. 

I found a room and dropped my backpack. 

I opened the backpack and turned it upside down. Some clothes came out, paper, snacks, my wallet, and my laptop. 

Guess I forgot to throw that out.

I slipped my wallet into my pocket. Then, I opened the laptop. It was 50% charged. The background was a picture of Zuko and me.

Great.

I was grinning and holding a peace sign up to the camera, Zuko was smiling and looking at me. 

I held up my phone, "Let's take a picture!"

"What? Why?"

"I want too."

"No." 

"Please." 

Zuko sighed and ran his hands through his hair, "Fine."

I smiled and clapped, "I love you!"

Zuko laughed, "I love you more, (Y/N). And since I'm actually voluntarily taking this photo, will you please replace the one on your phone?"

"No."

"I hate you."

"You love me."

"Unfortunately," he laughed and rolled his eyes.

I made bent water to my fist, coating it before hardening it into ice. I slammed my fist against the laptop, shattering the screen. I picked it up and chucked it against the wall.

Katara ran into the room, "What's happening? Are you okay?"

I looked at her, my hair in my face. I pushed my hair away and smiled, "I'm fine."

I walked over to the broken pieces of my laptop and picked it up. 

Katara looked at the laptop, "That... that doesn't look fine."

"I said," I dropped the laptop into a trashcan, "I'm fine."

Katara sighed, "You know, I'm free to talk if you want. Aang probably won't be awake for a week or two at the most, so if you want-"

"God, are all of you so nosy? I just want to be alone," I snapped.

Katara looked hurt, "I just... I thought we could bond. We're cousins, right?"

I laughed, "So because we share some of the same blood, I should open up to you? You're not my family, Katara. Leave me alone."

"If that's what you want," Katara walked out of the room. I slammed the door behind her.

I locked the door and looked back to the pile of stuff that came out of my bag. I rummaged through the papers.

One of them looked unfamiliar. It was folded nicely, and I had never seen it before in my life.

I opened it.

Dear (Y/N),

I love you.

I stopped reading. I recognized Zuko's handwriting. I clutched the paper and my hand burned through it, setting it on fire. I watched as the letter turned into nothing but ash.