Chapter Sixty-Six

This chapter contains mature themes and strong language that may not be suitable for younger readers.

I walked to my Firebending class. I still had time to kill, but I always got there early. I felt an arm snake around my waist, restricting my arms and I felt myself getting pulled into the boy's locker room, which was dark.

"What the fuck?!" I struggled against the grip.

My captor turned me around and pushed me against the wall. Zuko.

He put a finger to my lips, "Shhh."

"What are you doing?!" I whispered.

"You look nice today."

"What?! Why am I in the locker room?!"

"Because I need to ask you something."

His voice was low and his eyes were serious. He was so close that I could feel his breath on my skin when he spoke. It was warm but calming.

"What do you need to ask me, Zuko?"

He glanced down, "I already asked you."

My heart panged. He was talking about when we went to the amusement park. When he asked me if I still loved him.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I played dumb.

Zuko's eyes met mine, "Do you still love me?"

"Do you still love me?"

"Yes. That goes without saying. I have always loved you. Nothing would stop that. Answer the question, (Y/N)," His eyes were pleading. Though he spoke slightly forcefully, his eyes gave him away. He was begging me to answer his question. He needed to know.

"No," I lied.

He brought his face closer to mine. His lips were centimeters away, teasing me.

"Are you sure?" Zuko asked me.

"Y-yes."

"Then say it. Say, "I don't love you, Zuko." Say, "I'm not in love with you, Zuko"."

I looked away. He put his hand on my cheek and turned my head to face him. I wouldn't meet his eyes.

"Look at me."

I looked up at him. His expression was fierce, but his eyes were soft.

"Say it, (Y/N). Say it and I'll never bother you about it again. You don't have to worry about me. We'll stay friends and that's it."

"I can't."

"Why?"

Because I'm in love with you.

"I just can't!"

"Just say it! If it's true, then say it!"

"God, Zuko! I can't say it!"

"Say it!"

"No!"

Zuko stepped away from me and threw his hands in the air in frustration, "Stop being so difficult! If you don't love me, you shouldn't have a probl-"

"I do love you."

Zuko stopped. His hands dropped to his sides. He turned his head towards me. He stepped forward and slammed one hand into the wall next to me. His other hand moved to my face. He brought his head down, so we were centimeters away.

"Say it again," Zuko's voice was husky.

"What?" My face turned red, "I already-"

"Please."

"I love yo-"

He pressed his lips to mine, turning me around so that his back was to the wall. I kissed him back, pushing him into the wall. His lips were familiar. He pulled away for a second and brought his lips to my ear, "Jump," he moved his hands down my body. I nodded and jumped and he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his body. He turned us around so that my back was to the wall again. He kissed me harder this time. He moved his lips to my neck and started sucking on it. I gripped his hair.

"Mm- Zuko-! Class," I breathed out, "C-Class is going to start- people are going to-"

He used the wall to support my weight and brought one hand to my lips, "Shh. Just let me," he sucked on my neck harder, "Let me mark you," he teeethed and sucked on my neck.

"Z-Zuko!"

He removed his lips from my neck and smiled at me.

"God, Zuko," My hand fluttered to my neck, "How am I supposed to explain this?"

"Tell everyone we had a hot make-out session in the boy's locker room."

"I- That's not- Uh-" My face turned red.

Zuko laughed, "It's the truth right?"

The lights in the locker room turned on and Mr.Lee walked inside. Zuko's eyes widened and he dropped me gently and I ran to hide behind a locker. Mr.Lee looked at Zuko, "Why... why are you in here? You never change before class. And why is your hair so messy?"

"Uhhhh-" Zuko coughed, "I'm in here to fix my hair! Yeah! So, I'm just going to... do that-" he ran his hands through his hair.

Mr.Lee cocked his head, "Uh. Okay? Class starts in 10 minutes... I'm... I'm gonna go now," Mr.Lee walked outside.

❊❊❊

School was normal. Minus that one time in the locker room. I had finished all my homework and was currently staring up at the ceiling. My favorite pastime.

Toph was out and Katara was probably coming home any second now.

My phone rang. I checked the caller ID. It was Katara.

I picked up the phone, "What's up, Kat?"

"Open the door, I forgot my keys."

I groaned and got out of bed, "That sounds like a you problem."

"Come downstairs and open the goddamn door!"

"Okay! No need to yell!"

I hung up the phone and opened the door for Katara. She smiled when she saw me and then her eyes moved lower down my body. Her eyes widened, "What is that?!" She pointed at my neck.

Oh shit.